Audi, Mercedes, Porsche, BMW Forum

Welcome to Deutschespeed.com the newly launched community for German Performance car lovers. The site is in it's launch phase at the moment and so content and membership is small (but growing). Soon we'll have competition prizes and and a live ad campaign to help build the community. If you'd like to be apart of what's going on, sign up and join in!

SOLD 2018 BMW M5 - £45,990

Item has been sold

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Facebook was a waste of time. Lots of admirers on groups but most people in the groups already have one, or like it but aren't in the market. FB Marketplace is a no-mans land of messages that range from "Best Price?" to "Would you swap for a 2015 Seat Cupra plus cash your way" and "It's high mileage/wrong colour/wrong tyres - You wont sell it. Lets do a deal".

Next time I wont even bother on the groups. Autotrader seems the best place as folk are already hunting for that particular car. Pricing is all over the place and I've got M5 owners telling me I'm selling too cheap but the fact is, there are many delusional private sellers out there that think they can sell privately for the same price that a dealer is charging. Dealer offers a warranty, trade-in, finance and buyer protection so why would you buy from a private seller with none of that?

I did toy with selling the M-Performance bits separately and I would have done that if I ended up selling to the trade.

FB is a waste of time unless its free, or absurdly cheap, I see it as the boot fair of selling platforms. When you have a platform that is free and you can randomly, unemotionally message someone, with no risk or consequence, it will lead to fun, games and the gutter of the car selling world.

Burnsey

Chief Engineer
Drives
2023 G80 M3 Competition X-Drive
Facebook was a waste of time. Lots of admirers on groups but most people in the groups already have one, or like it but aren't in the market. FB Marketplace is a no-mans land of messages that range from "Best Price?" to "Would you swap for a 2015 Seat Cupra plus cash your way" and "It's high mileage/wrong colour/wrong tyres - You wont sell it. Lets do a deal".

Next time I wont even bother on the groups. Autotrader seems the best place as folk are already hunting for that particular car. Pricing is all over the place and I've got M5 owners telling me I'm selling too cheap but the fact is, there are many delusional private sellers out there that think they can sell privately for the same price that a dealer is charging. Dealer offers a warranty, trade-in, finance and buyer protection so why would you buy from a private seller with none of that?

I did toy with selling the M-Performance bits separately and I would have done that if I ended up selling to the trade.

To be fair, I rarely sell anything truly privately, with trade being the easiest option and usually for the same amount minus the hassle.

Agree on the parts too. I will remove some - the easy stuff, but again, selling all that in the usual places is hard graft, so will end up with shelves full no doubt!

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Audi R8 V10+ • Taycan GTS
To be fair, I rarely sell anything truly privately, with trade being the easiest option and usually for the same amount minus the hassle.

No where near the same amount between trade and private mate. About ten to fifteen grand of a difference between the two.

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
I have never had a problem getting good money on a private sale, I have a very good filter for Div's and unless they give up a phone number at very least, I don't go any further. When I then speak to them, my DIV filter kicks in again! I know who's a worthy buyer and who's not. Its not perfect though and I still get the odd DIV filter failure from time to time.

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
BUYER HAS JUST PULLED OUT SO THIS IS BACK UP FOR SALE.
No doubt he was genuine but it looks like he's jumped the gun before speaking to the Mrs!

StuartK

Chief Engineer
Not till March mate. I’m just getting the ball rolling on selling the M5 now as I know it’s a difficult car to shift on the private market and it might take a wee while.

Amazing number of chancers on Autotrader. Asking if I’m interested in swaps with cash on top. Folk just asking me to lower the price without justifying why I should!

It seems a lot of folk look at a car that’s just out of their reach and phone up to see if the seller will take 5 grand less.
If their number starts 0121 then tell them to do one.

Denso

Chief Engineer
Drives
E46 M3 Ruby 1 of 6, Audi TTRS Vorsprung
Great video add Derek, amazing spec. GLTWS.

Denso

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Had two calls today. One telling me he'll give me a £5k deposit if I pull out of the deal with the other guy and another telling me he's ready to buy now and has the funds in place. After a load of timewasters asking for swaps and discounts, it's been a stream of genuine buyers.

SS13

Test Pilot
Drives
Porsche 930 turbo
This is one hell of a lot of car for the money.
If I was in the market for an M5 I’d struggle to walk past this one.

I’d take the wheels to silver though 😉

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
This is one hell of a lot of car for the money.
If I was in the market for an M5 I’d struggle to walk past this one.

I’d take the wheels to silver though 😉

Phone has been going like a fayre to be honest. If the current buyer pulls out I’ve got six people currently interested!

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Speaking of M5's I was done at the LD today and a guy was collecting this

Apparently 1 of 2! I Wonder why? He had part exchanged a lovley 19 plate M5 competition SMB in for it.

Each to their own!

Burnsey

Chief Engineer
Drives
2023 G80 M3 Competition X-Drive
Speaking of M5's I was done at the LD today and a guy was collecting this

Apparently 1 of 2! I Wonder why? He had part exchanged a lovley 19 plate M5 competition SMB in for it.

Each to their own!

I think the F90 only looks good in a few colours. It's too much of a lump to be 'trendy' in my opinion.