Audi, Mercedes, Porsche, BMW Forum

Welcome to Deutschespeed.com the newly launched community for German Performance car lovers. The site is in it's launch phase at the moment and so content and membership is small (but growing). Soon we'll have competition prizes and and a live ad campaign to help build the community. If you'd like to be apart of what's going on, sign up and join in!

News 2024 BMW M135i (F70) Featured in New Renders

News Feeds from other sites

Deutschespeed

Janitor
Staff member
The lifespan of the current generation BMW 1 Series will be brief, deviating from the typical seven-year production cycle. The F40 1 Series will only have a four-year run before being replaced by an enhanced F70 1 Series next year as the new entry-level BMW. The BMW M135i xDrive, which is showcased in the renderings below, will remain the top model.

We don’t anticipate significant alterations to the updated 1 Series, as it is an evolutionary model. While the engine lineup is expected to remain the same, both the exterior and interior design have been refined to provide a more sophisticated appearance and feel. The overall proportions are also similar to the outgoing model.

Evolutionary Design​

At launch time, BMW will offer several models: a 118i, 118d, and 120d, alongside the M135i xDrive. The hot hatch is getting a quad exhaust system and an updated B48 engine making over 300 horsepower. Inside we expect to see higher quality materials and the new iDrive 9 running on Android Automotive OS.

Fans of electric vehicles will be disappointed though. BMW has no plans to offer an i1 on the F70 1 Series platform which is still a front-wheel drive flexible architecture. The first BMW i1 is not expected until 2028-2029 and could carry the codename NB0. That particular model will be built on the Neue Klasse architecture. Due to the tight packaging, it’s also unlikely to see a plug-in hybrid 1 Series on the F70 models.

The F70 1 Series won’t go into production until July 2024 so we expect a public unveil sometimes in Spring 2024. Until then, let’s enjoy these speculative renders which aim to portray the design changes.

[Renders by instagram.com/futurecarsnow]

More information here...