Audi, Mercedes, Porsche, BMW Forum

Welcome to Deutschespeed.com the newly launched community for German Performance car lovers. The site is in it's launch phase at the moment and so content and membership is small (but growing). Soon we'll have competition prizes and and a live ad campaign to help build the community. If you'd like to be apart of what's going on, sign up and join in!

Build The TT Thread

Doing a build thread? Highlight it!

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Fitted the splitter today, and you where right @moonstone it did not fit. So I got my Dremel and sanding stuff out and made it fit, took a fair few hours to get perfect!!

I really like it came out well!

Last edited:

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
So this is it for now, If I start doing anymore I will start to get all precious with it and stop using it for what its intended for !

Denso

Chief Engineer
Drives
E46 M3 Ruby 1 of 6, Audi TTRS Vorsprung

Santa Pod Das Auto, surprised at how quick this is.

Denso

Denso

Chief Engineer
Drives
Off the line like a scalded cat, did 3 runs and had the same issue lost boost at 93mph. Turns out drawing a vacuum so could be a lot quicker but still did 12.8s on a mental hot day and on off boost. Car into get fixed tomorrow and hopefully very low 12s next time.

Denso

Denso

Chief Engineer
Drives
A couple of stills that show even with faulty boost the TTS’s big brother was only half a second quicker on the 1/4 mile. Boost issue was fixed yesterday so maybe be a little quicker next year.

59927775-05C2-4275-B07E-03CA8CAAEEB8.jpeg

3EDE1418-61AE-4B54-B2FB-D8A43EFA5A2C.jpeg

Denso

Reactions: Che

Denso

Chief Engineer
Drives
Stage 2 now. Intercooler, oil cooler, intake, full silicon hose replacement and a bespoke remap. Turns out the off boost issue was due to the throttle input being misread.

Denso

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Stage 2 now. Intercooler, oil cooler, intake, full silicon hose replacement and a bespoke remap. Turns out the off boost issue was due to the throttle input being misread.

Denso

I would have thought that RS6 was standard, map them and they are brutal!

Denso

Chief Engineer
Drives
I would have thought that RS6 was standard, map them and they are brutal!

Very true but i think with full boost available i could have given this one a closer run.

Denso

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Audi R8 V10+ • Taycan GTS

Denso

Has it got different downpipes aswell? have you dyno'd it? Whats the BHP now?

Denso

Chief Engineer
Drives
Turbo back 200 cell race cat and scorpion exhaust. i forgot to also mention turbo intake etc is all upgraded by racingline.

Was on the dyno a few times yesterday to fix the throttle/boost issue and settled on 410hp and 615nm of torque. A further bespoke DCT map was also done again for this tune.

Stage 1 figures were 360hp and 460nm of torque. It seems the first dyno it was on that the figures were a tad optimistic. This dyno is called the heartbreaker for good reason lol.

Denso

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Well that was a major fecking ballache today. The instructions are in pigeon English and for a LHD car. I had the left stripped, put back together and then the right and then the bloody left again. Glovebox out. Really finicky job with the connector to the ABS module. Utter, utter ballache of a job made worse by having to pull things apart all over the place just to find out where stuff goes

…and it’s not working properly so now I need to check the connections at both ends. It’s all back together again though.

52F28780-CE34-49C2-966D-4B88ADBA0979.jpeg
74EA1928-4553-484B-BFD8-34953AD51340.jpeg

Last edited:

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Well that was a major fecking ballache today. The instructions are in pigeon English and for a LHD car. I had the left stripped, put back together and then the right and then the bloody left again. Glovebox out. Really finicky job with the connector to the ABS module. Utter, utter ballache of a job made worse by having to pull things apart all over the place just to find out where stuff goes

…and it’s not working properly so now I need to check the connections at both ends. It’s all back together again though.

View attachment 2502
View attachment 2504
Fuck that !

10 out of 10 though!

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Fuck that !

10 out of 10 though!

Well, the thing is, now that I've gone through the pain, you don't have to. It's actually a very simple job when you know how and I'll write-up a guide that will explain this. You'll see how easy it actually is when you know how.

I've check my wiring today at both ends, cleared the fault codes and re-coded it using the supplied dongle but it actually looks like the new switch that they've sent me is faulty. So I need to wait till I hear back from them tomorrow.

Last edited:

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Well, the thing is, now that I've gone through the pain, you don't have to. It's actually a very simple job when you know how and I'll write-up a guide that will explain this. You'll see how easy it actually is when you know how.

I've check my wiring today at both ends, cleared the fault codes and re-coded it using the supplied dongle but it actually looks like the new switch that they've sent me is faulty. So I need to wait till I hear back from them tomorrow.

Is just Hill start assist?