Audi, Mercedes, Porsche, BMW Forum

Welcome to Deutschespeed.com the newly launched community for German Performance car lovers. The site is in it's launch phase at the moment and so content and membership is small (but growing). Soon we'll have competition prizes and and a live ad campaign to help build the community. If you'd like to be apart of what's going on, sign up and join in!

Advice please lads…

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Audi R8 V10+ • Taycan GTS
I think it only the desired look for real nerds (read the membership here).

Looks like a pre-LCI with dark lights 😂

Sorry!

I love the fact there’s not actually that many non-comp M5’s on the road and the specific reason I haven’t changed my wheels, as in reality that’s the immediate identifier. All the other bits I’ve done are nerd-like, but front, back, sides, the F90 isn’t menacing in terms of looks, it leaves all the menacing for you to demonstrate behind the wheel…

I'm not saying that it looks like an LCI. I'm saying that it looks as up-to-date and modern as the current crop of cars on the road with dark (instead of chrome) headlights. Chrome headlights, especially on a dark car are the first thing that makes it look like an older model in my view. What I really don't understand with the G30 5 series Icons is how much chrome there is on display in comparison to the F30/F80 etc.

Anyway, my M5's better than yours... 😝😜

Burnsey

Chief Engineer
Drives
2023 G80 M3 Competition X-Drive
I'm not saying that it looks like an LCI. I'm saying that it looks as up-to-date and modern as the current crop of cars on the road with dark (instead of chrome) headlights. Chrome headlights, especially on a dark car are the first thing that makes it look like an older model in my view. What I really don't understand with the G30 5 series Icons is how much chrome there is on display in comparison to the F30/F80 etc.

Anyway, my M5's better than yours... 😝😜

I would agree with you, if I was from Birmingham and lived on a slope :ROFLMAO:

Your view though is nerd-like, so skewed. My car looks current as it is. I like what you've dome though mate, jus tthe logic which is flawed...

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
I would agree with you, if I was from Birmingham and lived on a slope :ROFLMAO:

Your view though is nerd-like, so skewed. My car looks current as it is. I like what you've dome though mate, jus tthe logic which is flawed...

Lets agree to disagree. Your taste is very different to mine. (y)

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Ill wait for your how to mate. The last lights I did was de-tangoing the headlights on a RS6 V10, then went full retard and had the lenses etched and all sorts.

It was a horrible job, in the oven to warm up the seals, splitting the headlights, then getting all the adhesive out and resealing. Something I vouched never to do again.

But they looked awesome.

I also used to do all the Evo's and was one of the first to do the terminator lights on my FQ400.

Brought back memories!!

Burnsey

Chief Engineer
Drives
Lets agree to disagree. Your taste is very different to mine. (y)

You ask for advice on a discussion forum and want us all to agree :unsure:

Your car looks amazing. Newer than it is though - no. Taste wasn't part of my response.

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
You ask for advice on a discussion forum and want us all to agree :unsure:

Your car looks amazing. Newer than it is though - no. Taste wasn't part of my response.

Im not asking for advice on what I think about the finished look. I personally think the de-chromed look is more modern and more current than cars with a lot of chrome in the lights is all I’m saying. I’m not saying it looks as new as an LCI M5 but I bet the uninitiated wouldn’t be able to tell which car was newer, whereas before they would.

You generally have a different taste on aesthetics than I do. That’s all I mean.

We’re allowed to not like the same things and disagree on stuff. I’m not falling out with you or anything. 🍻

Burnsey

Chief Engineer
Drives
Im not asking for advice on what I think about the finished look. I personally think the de-chromed look is more modern and more current than cars with a lot of chrome in the lights is all I’m saying. I’m not saying it looks as new as an LCI M5 but I bet the uninitiated wouldn’t be able to tell which car was newer, whereas before they would.

You generally have a different taste on aesthetics than I do. That’s all I mean.

We’re allowed to not like the same things and disagree on stuff. I’m not falling out with you or anything. 🍻

Oh, I know that mate.

As I said, I love the look, but just don’t think it makes it look newer. You think it does, so already we’ve a 50/50 split 😂

Like I’ve said, looks great bud 👍🏻

Last edited:

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Oh, I know that mate.

As I said, I love the look, bit just don’t think it makes it look newer. You think it does, so already we’ve a 50/50 split 😂

Like I’ve said, looks great bud 👍🏻

Nah, agree with me or we’re finished! 😂😂😉

Senna11

Racing Driver
OEM plus. Adds a subtle aggressive intent to the front end and looks spot on. Really like the q car status of these cars and probably the pick of the M cars at the moment.