Audi, Mercedes, Porsche, BMW Forum

Welcome to Deutschespeed.com the newly launched community for German Performance car lovers. The site is in it's launch phase at the moment and so content and membership is small (but growing). Soon we'll have competition prizes and and a live ad campaign to help build the community. If you'd like to be apart of what's going on, sign up and join in!

Any advice welcome

Sick of probs lol

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Bmw m4
Hi all I’m new here and was wanting you thoughts 🤯
I drive an m4 and recently put 20” rims on and the past week iv been get a whining when I brake hard so went to bmw and they said we will not touch with them wheels on as you have invalidated your warranty (wankers)
Is there any disadvantages of putting bigger wheels on ? B97EBA83-5865-4825-B07B-E978FC7B0D88.jpeg

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Hi all I’m new here and was wanting you thoughts 🤯
I drive an m4 and recently put 20” rims on and the past week iv been get a whining when I brake hard so went to bmw and they said we will not touch with them wheels on as you have invalidated your warranty (wankers)
Is there any disadvantages of putting bigger wheels on ? View attachment 380

I would challenge them on this, as how the hell can wheels invalidate your warranty if they are the correct fitment, BMW themselves sell 20" option wheels for the M4? They have more of a case with spacers as you are widening the track and they can argue that there is evidence (still bullsh1t unless carlos fandango's are applied) that this can cause extra stress on wheel bearings etc... (do you have them?)

Disadvantages are:

Harsher ride
Tram-lining in some cases
less tyre to take on Pot holes, so the wheels can be more susceptible to damage
Wrong offset, could up set the handling a tad.

Lastly welcome, Hi and lovely picture of the car in the snow !!

Sick of probs lol

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Bmw m4
Hello and thanks for advice I don’t have the spacers on the car
I did take it to a garage after and they said it sounds like a worpted disk ?

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Hello and thanks for advice I don’t have the spacers on the car
I did take it to a garage after and they said it sounds like a worpted disk ?

I know the stone guards at the rear have issues, and mine where changed under warranty. Makes a "shimming noise" where debris gets stuck

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Audi R8 V10+ • Taycan GTS
Some of the service advisors in these dealers really are morons.... set of wheels invalidating warranty??? I've heard it all now.

Derekh929

Chief Engineer
Drives
F56 JCW & Vintage MTB
Some of the service advisors in these dealers really are morons.... set of wheels invalidating warranty??? I've heard it all now.
I remember out with BMW regional tech director when had clutch squeal on R56 Cooper S, the dealer service kept saying nothing wrong its the way I'm driving it, so regional tech guy said same, it must be how you change down gears, so off he went. First straight coming to lights and he tried to be canny with down shift and a big squeal :ROFLMAO: , I said not a word and we never went no further, new clutch from JCW ordered and fitted.
After loads of corporate bull its a characteristic of the car rubbish

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
I took an E46 M3 in to BMW main dealer for a service, I'd just got home and they called me refusing to drive it or work on it, because it has dangerous wheel spacers on it !