Audi, Mercedes, Porsche, BMW Forum

Welcome to Deutschespeed.com the newly launched community for German Performance car lovers. The site is in it's launch phase at the moment and so content and membership is small (but growing). Soon we'll have competitions and much more. If you'd like to be apart of what's going on, sign up and join in!

Anybody have a valeter?

Broncho

Test Pilot
Drives
E Class Cabrio
I know a couple but I was always of the opinion that I just clean the cars of a weekend.

Thing is my Merc cabrio is filthy inside as a result of leaving the roof down, I suppose I could clean it but really CBA.

Is it worth say £60 every couple of weeks?

Burnsey

Chief Engineer
Drives
2023 G80 M3 Competition X-Drive
Yep and no.

I had the car ceramic coated, say £500 (let the debate on that commence).

It works out best for me/the car to have him visit every three weeks at £40 for a maintenance wash, but I always end up with something else doing, so say £50. He's here two plus hours and I am in the comfort of my home. It is often as clean three weeks after, but he's booked so he comes.

So, £500 will last three years works out at £165 a year, plus £850 in washes is give or take a grand a year.

A tenner a week in a hand car wash is a tenner, but no inside/glass/mats/trim/wheels (properly) and a shoddy finish. Or go sit in their scruffy waiting area and you're at £20, which is the same.

That's my maths anyway.