Audi, Mercedes, Porsche, BMW Forum

Welcome to Deutschespeed.com the newly launched community for German Performance car lovers. The site is in it's launch phase at the moment and so content and membership is small (but growing). Soon we'll have competition prizes and and a live ad campaign to help build the community. If you'd like to be apart of what's going on, sign up and join in!

Anybody keeping their car clean right now?

Broncho

Test Pilot
Drives
E Class Cabrio
Mine haven’t been washed since long before Christmas, weather has been horrifying, there’s nowhere to go anyway and the local Slovak soapy hand job places are all shut.

I did take the Mercedes out on Saturday in the heavy snow with the roof off so the kids could throw snowballs at me, belting game that until the neighbourhood watch group went into meltdown with complaints:rolleyes: problem there was it’s the Mrs that runs the group. :D

Parsley

Pit Crew
Mine us washed nearly every day. It's polished every week and sadly I've just come in from outside having washed cat paw prints off it. Bloody nightmare trying to stay on top of it

Derekh929

Chief Engineer
Drives
F56 JCW & Vintage MTB
In winter I just use Bilt Hamer auto foam in 2ltr pump sprayer with warm water , then leave to dwell a few min and then power wash off , usually works really well, contactless winter clean with all grit on roads etc

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Audi R8 V10+ • Taycan GTS
I generally do mine once a week. Either snow foam and rinse or full hand wash depending on the weather.

Last edited:

benno_s550

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Mustang GT & Mini JCW
Just a power rinse and a demineralised rinse at a local ‘karcher’-type place - those are just about all thats required atm thanks to ceramic coatings and regular top-ups with ceramic QD in the better weather months.

Probably be getting the buckets out towards the end of the month

Benno

Schmeel

Test Pilot
Drives
997 Hartech
Man.... I haven't washed it since the Dec lockdown.

It's the daily so currently filth....

benno_s550

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Mustang GT & Mini JCW
Did my son’s Mini Cooper F56 today - minging as the idle wretch cba to clean it himself and this is its 1st wash since I bought it for him in June......
(maybe it’s my fault he’s not cleaned it as the TOLD him the method I expect him to use lol).
Still, I enjoyed doing and that’s what counts :)

Benno

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Don't usually see ours like this, hopefully it lays a bit more then I can go out and have some fun !!

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
How are you finding it Stone, do you like it ?

I really like it. It’s no M4 but the combo of both cars in the household works really well. I’m not having much luck though. One of the tail lights that I bought from PowerfulUK failed yesterday.

The infotainment is shockingly bad, so I installed one of those Android units but for some reason the Carplay function works fine with my iPhone 11 Pro but keeps freezing with my wife’s newer iPhone 12 Mini.

On the plus side. The fit and finish is superb. Not a single rattle or creak from it and everything feels really solid. Lovely smooth drive with a decent bit of poke too.

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
I really like it. It’s no M4 but the combo of both cars in the household works really well. I’m not having much luck though. One of the tail lights that I bought from PowerfulUK failed yesterday.

The infotainment is shockingly bad, so I installed one of those Android units but for some reason the Carplay function works fine with my iPhone 11 Pro but keeps freezing with my wife’s newer iPhone 12 Mini.

On the plus side. The fit and finish is superb. Not a single rattle or creak from it and everything feels really solid. Lovely smooth drive with a decent bit of poke too.
I've tried those aftermarket lights, they look nice for about 10 minutes once fitted, then they are not worth the hassle, they don't work properly and I had one fail and if they do work, they then suffer from condensation really badly. I gave up and got my money back.

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
I've tried those aftermarket lights, they look nice for about 10 minutes once fitted, then they are not worth the hassle, they don't work properly and I had one fail and if they do work, they then suffer from condensation really badly. I gave up and got my money back.

Im going to do the same and get the Glohh ones instead I think.

Schmeel

Test Pilot
Drives
997 Hartech
I commend you Stone.

You know new build houses have a lovely textured render on the exterior walls?

Well thats how my car is looking. Except it isn't lovely.

Schmeel

Test Pilot
Drives
997 Hartech
Will defo bear this in the mind. The gl5 looks really nice.

But are mega bucks.

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Will defo bear this in the mind. The gl5 looks really nice.

But are mega bucks.

I've ordered a set from Bearmach who have a 10% discount code for signing up to their news letter. The PowerfulUK ones are £595 and with the discount the Gloh ones are £836 so its only working out £241 extra. Not an insignificant jump but worth paying to get the better build quality and reliability.