Audi, Mercedes, Porsche, BMW Forum

Welcome to Deutschespeed.com the newly launched community for German Performance car lovers. The site is in it's launch phase at the moment and so content and membership is small (but growing). Soon we'll have competition prizes and and a live ad campaign to help build the community. If you'd like to be apart of what's going on, sign up and join in!

Anybody keeping their car clean right now?

MrMcG

Boy Racer
Drives
E63 M6
I am letting the snow clean mine and the extension lead placed in the wheel well 🙀🙀

Senna11

Racing Driver
Just bought a Big Boi drier for large surface areas. Use the pet drier for smaller crevices, handy for blowing water away from the wheel :eek:

JustChris

Boy Racer
Drives
440i Vert
CBA worst mine has ever been. Waiting till the summer and the new car. (TBF with the house the area is still a bit of building site at times)

EvilDrPorkChop

Test Pilot
Drives
Porsche Cayman
Just bought a Big Boi drier for large surface areas. Use the pet drier for smaller crevices, handy for blowing water away from the wheel :eek:
My mate has just got one of them for his Birthday. His Mrs was having a right laugh about the name 😂

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Audi R8 V10+ • Taycan GTS
In a word, no. Washed it yesterday after work and today you’d never know it.

The problem is we’re getting sunshine one day and rain the next.

isleaiw

Test Pilot
Drives
RS4 / Mini
Had mine cleaned at the weekend - first time since before Xmas so about 2.5k miles. It was becoming a challenge to call it white...

Looked lovely to go out in on sunday, will be covered in rain and sahara sand after today and then 300 miles at the weekend will mean it is back to being a mess...

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Had mine cleaned at the weekend - first time since before Xmas so about 2.5k miles. It was becoming a challenge to call it white...

Looked lovely to go out in on sunday, will be covered in rain and sahara sand after today and then 300 miles at the weekend will mean it is back to being a mess...
e-needpics.gif

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
We had another shower today, and its even worse now !

I am going to spend Saturday morning spanking it up !

Scoobyd

Boy Racer
Drives
BMW E46 330ci Sport Convertible

Blacktemplar

Pit Crew
Drives
X3 M40i
Washed the X3 yesterday for the first time in about 6 months, fortunately Sophisto Grey and cerium alloys hide a multitude of sins. I’d just intended to power wash & foam but ended up going the whole hog and putting a fresh coat of carnuba on it. Can’t feel my arms this morning - proper old school elbow grease, none of yer poncy DA polishers for me…. 😂

DaveA

Boy Racer
Drives
BMW M135i xDrive
Been meaning to try a snow foam and lance for a while. Is there a recommended one that people would tend to prefer?

I've got a Karcher K2 so would need to connect up ok with that. Have heard good things about this Autobrite one in the past:

Want to get the saharan sand washed off mine so an initial snow foam seems like a good way to clear it off before cleaning it proper.
Yes... I have the autobrite one (recommended by previous forum members on another site) and it does the job easily (with my nilfisk power washer)... Looks well made too, although mine does not get the hammering some do, so I cannot speak for longevity, but it looks built to last..

The autobrite foam seems OK, although I am going to experiment with some options... I am sticking to PH neutral ones for now, so less aggressive...

I also got a replacement hose and trigger from these people: