Audi, Mercedes, Porsche, BMW Forum

Welcome to Deutschespeed.com the newly launched community for German Performance car lovers. The site is in it's launch phase at the moment and so content and membership is small (but growing). Soon we'll have competition prizes and and a live ad campaign to help build the community. If you'd like to be apart of what's going on, sign up and join in!

Anyone got a Ghost immobiliser?

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
I have one fitted to the car I have just bought, and I have to enter a sequence of pushing buttons every time I start the car! It’s a right faff!

….are they any good, is it worth leaving, is it worth the hassle punching in the code every time, or are they easy to remove?

ta !

Burnsey

Chief Engineer
Drives
2023 G80 M3 Competition X-Drive
No mate, tracker system with a deadlock, so should I reply?

It was the faff which made this something I didn't want to bother with, but wouldn't remove something which adds security, unless replacing it and spending the dollar to do that.

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Audi R8 V10+ • Taycan GTS
I only know what I’ve read about them. I also have one that I never bothered getting around to fitting (the Ghost is simply a rebranded unit made by a company in Germany). The unit itself is not much bigger than a stamp so they’re a bugger to find and remove. Could be anywhere.

I am reading some vague stuff on some forums alluding that thieves are starting to find ways to defeat them but it’s all anecdotal with no detail to back it up.

Personally I think visible deterrents are preferable to invisible ones but nothing wrong with having one as a last line of defence.

I’ve also read lots of points of view around the idea of thieves coming back in the house and demanding the code so you open yourself up to violence but to be honest you could level that argument at steering wheel locks and wheel clamps.

The RS6 is a desirable getaway car for crims so it makes sense to have beefier security on it than a 2 seater for example.

I also agree that if it came already fitted I’d leave in place.

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Cheers guys, I’ll keep it, just wish it was a different way of disarming.

Paddy1975

Chief Engineer
Drives
BMW 3 Series
I actually opted to have one fitted on the BMW, this is really the first NEW car i have ever had and after a few car thefts in the local area went down the Ghost route. I don't mind the faff tbf , it really is just another button to press but if that means i can leave the car in a car park or on the drive and not really worry about it then so be it, it takes what 3 seconds to enter the code but if that means some scrote aint having it them so be it. Also fitted a stoplock pro just as a visual deterrent. Is also a great way to stop the local stealers cant drive them like an arse when they are in for service. you just set the service code but as soon as they drive it above 30mph they are required to enter the owner code to get it to re-start love that feature. is it a faff yeah probably for some, is it peace of mind definitely.

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Mine has a 6 button code you have to do in the correct sequence, obviously this was done by the previous owner, I am going to see if I can get it changed as its a bit overkill.

It goes a little something like this !

Start button, six further buttons to press in sequence (not going to share that :censored:) high beam flash's, foot on brake and start button again.

Fvck that !!

Paddy1975

Chief Engineer
Drives
BMW 3 Series
got the instruction used to change the code given to me by Ghost fitter and used several times since if you want to DM me me mate

Paddy1975

Chief Engineer
Drives
BMW 3 Series
Not a problem at all, used a company in Birmingham to fit mine too mate. If you need the guys number let me know, really good guy and her will move ghost car to car if you need it

Yanto

Boy Racer
Drives
M3 CSL, GTi Clubsport
I had one on my RS4 mate.

Just reduce your sequence. I think mine was 5 total - 2 pulls on each paddle and a button on the dash.

MarkCSL on cutters is a pal of mine and sorted it for me / local fitter.

Senna11

Racing Driver
Had one fitted on my car and no issues. Just enter your code and reset your pin. Just check which buttons will work with Ghost.