Audi, Mercedes, Porsche, BMW Forum

Welcome to Deutschespeed.com the newly launched community for German Performance car lovers. The site is in it's launch phase at the moment and so content and membership is small (but growing). Soon we'll have competition prizes and and a live ad campaign to help build the community. If you'd like to be apart of what's going on, sign up and join in!

5/6 series Been a wait but I got the one I wanted in the end.

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
I am a big fan of the BMW 635d Convertible, I have had 4 now, and never really understood why I sold them (maybe because I knew there was a better one out there) After the grey one went, I really did miss it, and judged a lot of other cars against it. I have been looking for that perfect one since. I could not believe it when this one came up and dropped everything and went. Its a rare Last run out M-Sport edition in Individual Imola Red. It also has all the toys thrown at it as well, Head-up Display, TV, DAB, Soft Close, Folding Mirrors, individual audio, adaptive cruise, Keyless, lane assist and being the last edition it had the black tailpipes, Shadow trim, different seats and some other changes like the bonnet!

I don't know a better GT car for the money, its cheap to tax, hardly has any issues, cheap to insure, its lovely to drive, its a handsome car, does 35 mpg and when mapped will hang with an E46 M3. Anyway I am delighted, lots to do still, all new badges and wheel caps, front end refresh, front splitter, rear boot spoiler etc! I am going to keep hold of this one, as its very nice and I have never seen another, it should prove trouble free, depreciation free motoring and its a bit of a unicorn as well !

Last edited:

Denso

Chief Engineer
Drives
E46 M3 Ruby 1 of 6, Audi TTRS Vorsprung
Lovely, it really pops in red 👍

Denso

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Lovely, it really pops in red 👍

Denso
Cheers I nearly broke my back yesterday, This had been sat under a massive tree for what appeared to be years!! Had to unclog all the drain holes, interior out and carpet scrub, Full roof clean and treatment, Leather conditioned, full exterior buff and polish, spacers on!! Headlight rash removal etc (nothing like your E46 but enough) and its starting to get there, still requires more, but I am proud to drive it for now. Wish I took pictures before I spent a number of hours on it!

Paddy1975

Chief Engineer
Drives
BMW 3 Series
That looks beautiful sir, you do have a way of making me look at the classified ads every time I see your posts 🤣

Derekh929

Chief Engineer
Drives
F56 JCW & Vintage MTB
Very nice example BF, you don't mess about, and with all this nice weather great timing (y)

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
I know this car is a run out special, but Can anyone help on here, the spec sheet mentions an option code:

7MPPerformance Package

I have no idea what this is on a 635d, and what it relates to on the car? on other models, its things like wider wheels, lowered suspension, but can't find any information on this for my car. I know @moonstone is a guru with specs...(y)

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Audi R8 V10+ • Taycan GTS
Hmmm… it’s usually a code that means a variety of kit was included as a pack rather than being specc’d individually but I’m not sure what ones. I don’t think that the code itself means any additional kit on the car outside of the rest of the other codes on the spec sheet though.

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Just had this re-mapped and is now 364 bhp and 522 lb/ft. Its a very impressive car for the money, I don't know of anything better !

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
How I didn't get this Bimmercode ages ago, so easy to use, and I now have folding mirrors, and an M picture come up on the Sat Nav screen on start up !

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Audi R8 V10+ • Taycan GTS
How I didn't get this Bimmercode ages ago, so easy to use, and I now have folding mirrors, and an M picture come up on the Sat Nav screen on start up !

Yeah its well-handy. Basically its just a nicer front end interface for the stuff you can get for free (E-Sys etc) but its so much easier and quicker to use, it's worth the money.

Few things i've done on mine that you might be interested in (and can probably do on yours):

Activate Rolls Royce sound-set (replaces the standard BMW Bongs and warning sounds with notes played on a harp)
Door windows don't stop going up or down when the door is opened (or closed)
Start/Stop remembers your last setting (on or off) instead of reverting to On all of the time
Shut Off iDrive when drivers door opened
Turn off horn when locking car with engine running (good for letting the car demist in the winter)
Video In Motion
Allow HDD music rips from USB (not just CD as is the default)