Audi, Mercedes, Porsche, BMW Forum

Welcome to Deutschespeed.com the newly launched community for German Performance car lovers. The site is in it's launch phase at the moment and so content and membership is small (but growing). Soon we'll have competition prizes and and a live ad campaign to help build the community. If you'd like to be apart of what's going on, sign up and join in!

Big changes at Jaguar Land Rover

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Audi R8 V10+ • Taycan GTS
Just been reading that JLR are going through a rebranding strategy and different model line up:
  • All existing Jaguar models to be wiped out and replaced with three EVs started with the “GT” a £100k Grand Tourer built in Solihull
  • Land Rover name to be dropped and new holding company to be renamed “JLR” and split into four brands:
    • Defender - For Off-Road focused cars
    • Range Rover - Luxury
    • Discovery - Family orientated
    • Jaguar - as above
No in-house battery production until TATA build a giga factory and apparently they’re planning on getting cells from wherever they can and then assembling them in the UK.

Gerry McGovern, JLR’s chief designer, said that Sir William Lyons, Jaguar’s founder, had originally demanded that the brand “will be a copy of nothing”. McGovern said that his role has been to take the marque back “out of the mainstream” and to once more produce vehicles that “will give a sense of never having been seen before”.

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Just been reading that JLR are going through a rebranding strategy and different model line up:
  • All existing Jaguar models to be wiped out and replaced with three EVs started with the “GT” a £100k Grand Tourer built in Solihull
  • Land Rover name to be dropped and new holding company to be renamed “JLR” and split into four brands:
    • Defender - For Off-Road focused cars for the Chelsea market, most won't go off road but will have the side cabinets!
    • Range Rover - Luxury and not really as good as the Germans, but the badge still holds up well
    • Discovery - Family orientated and for people who can't quite afford a Range Rover
    • Jaguar - The shit cars for people who smell like grannies handbag
No in-house battery production until TATA build a giga factory and apparently they’re planning on getting cells from wherever they can and then assembling them in the UK.

Interesting.

Senna11

Racing Driver
Unfortunately Jaguar are a minnow compared with other manufacturers and as for Gerry McGovern, well he certainly polarises opinion and I can’t say I care for his his latest designs as they all look too similar.
JLR - It is also not surprising about the number of faults arising with these cars due the way they are built and the time restraints imposed on the lines building them.
Jaguar was always about providing great value cars that looked great with sublime handling. I wish them well but £100K for an EV, good luck with that.

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Jaguar is a brand that leaves me cold. I really don't like them at all.

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Jaguar is a brand that leaves me cold. I really don't like them at all.

I've never owned one, but a mate of mine mine had an XE a few years ago and I thought it was a very nice thing and a credible alternative to zee Germans. I really love the Jag F-Pace SVR and I think the F-Type is a lovely looking thing. I think both of those cars have passed me by though and I'll probably never own a Jaguar product.

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Every Jag I have had have been rubbish. Just look at the older ones on the road, either Rusty, broken down or have smoke bellowing out of them! I have had XKR's, had two and never learn my lesson after the first one! We recently had this for 2 weeks. Just rubbish. nasty plastically interior, cramped, dull, rubbish looking brakes, and felt old! Have no idea why someone would spend over £80k on one??

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
I've never even sat in one so no idea about what the quality is like but it's a lovely looking thing!