Audi, Mercedes, Porsche, BMW Forum

Welcome to Deutschespeed.com the newly launched community for German Performance car lovers. The site is in it's launch phase at the moment and so content and membership is small (but growing). Soon we'll have competition prizes and and a live ad campaign to help build the community. If you'd like to be apart of what's going on, sign up and join in!

Bit of advice

MrMcG

Boy Racer
Drives
E63 M6
Hey all,

Sadly I think the time is fast approaching for myself and my M6 to part ways.

I have to put my family before anything materialistic and if the truth is told selling the car would free up some cash which could help us move to a larger house next year regardless of how much I love it I have to accept that to keep it is selfish.

Alas my problem is the valuation of the car and what to list it for.

2007 LCI V10 in interlagos blue with silverstone extended leather interior
57k on the clock
Full BMW service history
BMW extended warranty as well which can be transferred
It has what I think is almost every extra and all works as it should

It has some age related chips etc but nothing that a small amount of TLC wouldn't sort.

I have been given valuations from 16k - 22k

For reference to the car

With valuations of cars going crazy I really am a little lost on this hence a plea for help.

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Well that's a lovely car, on top of that its a lovely combo and on top of that its been lovingly looked after.

With those miles and warranty (though once it hits 60k that warranty is going to go through the roof I'd expect) it's got to be a bit of a Unicorn and its a 20k+ car.

Its a good time to sell as well and prices are high!

Sometimes the best valuation is what you would be happy to sell the car for, but I'd want over £20 for that!

Parsley

Pit Crew
Lovely car, the thing is, if you actually want it to sell and not sit for weeks with the predictable "price reduction" on the ad weeks later I would say 18k. Beautiful car but the V10 can be hard to shift as it scares people off. Just my opinion. Good luck though.

Senna11

Racing Driver
Also comes down to what you would be happy to accept. Hope you achieve the price you want.

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Audi R8 V10+ • Taycan GTS
Although it’s a sellers market at the minute, this is being driven by commercial sellers. The proportion of dealers selling on Autotrader is much higher than private sellers and it’s a bit hard to predict pricing.

It sounds like you can afford to take your time selling it and given that it’s such a good example I don’t see why you can’t test the market at the upper end of the valuation with a view to coming down a bit if you need to. Just need to be patient and not be tempted to drop the price too quickly.

A successful sale at the price you want very much depends on the the right buyer being in the market at the right time so I’d be advertising it in enthusiast groups and forums instead of purely relying on Autotrader etc.