Audi, Mercedes, Porsche, BMW Forum

Welcome to Deutschespeed.com the newly launched community for German Performance car lovers. The site is in it's launch phase at the moment and so content and membership is small (but growing). Soon we'll have competition prizes and and a live ad campaign to help build the community. If you'd like to be apart of what's going on, sign up and join in!

BMW E-Ink paint - How does it work?

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Audi R8 V10+ • Taycan GTS
Many of you will have seen the launch of the new BMW IX M60 with E-Ink paint at CES recently. This video is worth a watch if you're curious about how it works. Personally this blows my mind. Colour changing cars!!! Can't find your car in the car park? Hit a button and the whole car flashes. Too hot outside, change the colour to black to relfect more heat. Too cold? Do the opposite.

Tell you one thing, its not going to be cheap on the optional extras list! :)

Senna11

Racing Driver
Cool idea, lord knows how they would repair a scratch. Great if it develops to lots of different colours but how on earth is this going to work with a V5?

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Cool idea, lord knows how they would repair a scratch. Great if it develops to lots of different colours but how on earth is this going to work with a V5?
They can call it Pride on the V5

Not the same process, but I have had a few colour changing bikes (S-works Epic Torch) that changes from Orange to Yellow when the sun hits it.

Senna11

Racing Driver
They can call it Pride on the V5

Not the same process, but I have had a few colour changing bikes (S-works Epic Torch) that changes from Orange to Yellow when the sun hits it.
Didn’t know you were into bikes