Audi, Mercedes, Porsche, BMW Forum

Welcome to Deutschespeed.com the newly launched community for German Performance car lovers. The site is in it's launch phase at the moment and so content and membership is small (but growing). Soon we'll have competition prizes and and a live ad campaign to help build the community. If you'd like to be apart of what's going on, sign up and join in!

Build Boba Fett's Red / Crema Ferrari F430 Spider

Doing a build thread? Highlight it!

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
I’ve never noticed this before until I saw my interior pictures again.

The passengers door has a handle but the drivers don’t!

EvilDrPorkChop

Test Pilot
Drives
Porsche Cayman
Looks mint @boba fett

I'm not very good with my Ferrari models. I was working at a guys house and he had a Competizione model, although I can't recall which model number. I know he said he'd had to order it, as the Competizione models weren't available otherwise (Or something!)

All I know is that he was paranoid about leaving the garage door open!

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Looks mint @boba fett

I'm not very good with my Ferrari models. I was working at a guys house and he had a Competizione model, although I can't recall which model number. I know he said he'd had to order it, as the Competizione models weren't available otherwise (Or something!)

All I know is that he was paranoid about leaving the garage door open!

Thanks mate, yes if you don't like attention, don't get a Ferrari! I have had nothing but positivity, people taking pictures and videos, want to sit in it for their "insta" pictures etc, you only need to park up and there's a crowd around the car! It can get tiring though, where ever you go it takes twice as long as people come and and talk etc. Most of my drives out, are early doors at the weekends, when the roads are empty, and I can fully "explore" the car
FIREdevil.gif

The garage door bit, I get that, it that's what he means! The front of my house used to be open plan, I just had a 3 bar horse fence for the boundary, but I would be outside cleaning it and doing things to it and people would pull up, come over, and takes pictures and want to talk about it, nice, but not every 10 minutes! I have now put a full fence up and grown large red robin's and its a lot quieter and I can get on with the polishing !!

Last edited:

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Just an update, I bought some OZ Ultraleggera wheels for the 430, I have had them for a couple of months, and therein lies the problem, if I like them I normally can't wait to stick them on!! Anyway don't think I like them.

The plus side is the OEM wheels are off, so being a bit nerdy, it was time to give them a wash, polish and ceramic coating, ready to go back on tomorrow.

Its quite nice these are still like brand new!

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Now does it look better lower or not ?

Pros and cons: Looks, lower subjectively looks better, however on the standard adjustable suspension, lower means more spring is released and its more bouncy / softer, more softer and lower means it grounds the front nose! The car drives better and tauter at the factory ride height!

Factory standard ride height:

Lowered on standard set up:

Scoobyd

Boy Racer
Drives
BMW E46 330ci Sport Convertible
Just been drooling over this thread and pics. As mentioned on your other one Ferrari’s have always been my dream car. Posters on the wall and model Testarossa’s and F40’s as a kid. My uncle took me down to Maranello in Egham as a kid once and the guys there were great. Let me sit in all the cars etc. My uncle bought me the bonnet badge from the parts department before we left and said there’s my first part of it, now to work hard when I grow up and buy the rest myself! I’ve still only got the bonnet badge!!

Few of my clients have Ferraris of different flavours who have taken me for a spin. One even threw me the keys. Brave man! Yours still looks stunning for a 15 year old car. Timeless designs. Here‘s hoping for a good Spring/Summer so you can get some more miles on it.

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Thanks for the kind comments and that's a nice story as well. I to have always wanted a Ferrari, it was a life goal of mine, and they drive as good as they look, it still gives me goosebumps!

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Audi R8 V10+ • Taycan GTS
It looks good lower but there’s not much in it. To the extent that if it negatively affects the drive as you say (last thing you want to do is damage the nose going over bumps) I wouldn’t bother and keep it at stock height.

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
It looks good lower but there’s not much in it. To the extent that if it negatively affects the drive as you say (last thing you want to do is damage the nose going over bumps) I wouldn’t bother and keep it at stock height.

I am gonna leave it as it is, not worth the hassle of bottoming it out and the 911 front end for the sake of it being a little lower. I can live with it as it is ! Idle hands are the Devils workshop!

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Bmw m340
Very nice indeed.. Definitely leave the height as you don't want to be worrying about grounding the nose on those Sunday morning blasts.

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Very nice indeed.. Definitely leave the height as you don't want to be worrying about grounding the nose on those Sunday morning blasts.
Thanks mate, yes its staying as is, Ill get something else to mess around with !

Che

Test Pilot
Drives
R8 v10+
Oem looks best to me, such a beautiful car don’t mess with it I say.

Are you taking it to Salon Privé in September boba? Quite a few of us going from the R8 clubs.

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Oem looks best to me, such a beautiful car don’t mess with it I say.

Are you taking it to Salon Privé in September boba? Quite a few of us going from the R8 clubs.
Never heard of it mate, sounds like a hairdressers gathering, ill look into it, I want to go to more meets this year.

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
My wife drove it around the beach today, she loved it and hated all the same! I do know this, if a single woman wants to get a man, they should get a Ferrari !!

Took this picture and thought it was ace. Going to get a framed picture made for the house !