Audi, Mercedes, Porsche, BMW Forum

Welcome to Deutschespeed.com the newly launched community for German Performance car lovers. The site is in it's launch phase at the moment and so content and membership is small (but growing). Soon we'll have competition prizes and and a live ad campaign to help build the community. If you'd like to be apart of what's going on, sign up and join in!

Build Boba Fett's Red / Crema Ferrari F430 Spider

Doing a build thread? Highlight it!

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Just got back from a 4 hour drive in the F430, and I have to say, with the standard wheels and tyres is does drive better. strangely with the 458 wheels and probably due to the 30 profile tyres and of course the car felt more bumpy and jarrey, but it also felt more vague and wonderey (if there is such words) and the standard wheels are just more direct, sharp and precise, really strange considering the footprint is almost the same. Then again I know Ferrari's are so precisely set up that a few PSI or tread depth can make the car feel different!

I am going to try them with the OEM 458 tyres which are 35 profile, they will fit but the rolling radius will be out and they might catch on lock etc!

I have done this many times before, although not so noticeable in the drive (and the worry of another burst tyre) and I have just put up, however, in short what I am trying to say is, I want the wheels for looks, but not for driving!

Anyone had similar, what did you do / would do??

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Been out in the 430 most of today, and I just don't think the car drives as nice with the 458 wheels on. Its not so pin sharp and it almost feels a little baggy! I put the standard wheels back on and it is just better with more precision. I have also been thinking that the 430 standard wheels do really suit the car! Thats two sets of wheels I have tried because I get bored, its going back to OEM!

So it's back to these !

Grunty-Motor

Pit Crew
Drives
X3M, MX-5, R1250GS and zx6r track bike
bring it up here, i will test all 3sets, and decide whether i concur. 1 time offer, dont dally!

Senna11

Racing Driver
Maybe it just needs a proper wheel alignment with the other wheels which would make a marked difference.

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Maybe it just needs a proper wheel alignment with the other wheels which would make a marked difference.

I don't think that would make any difference, the thing that annoyed me most about the new tyre ratio is that the whole car was 12mm higher! but I'm done mate, just keeping it OEM (unless a set of SCUD wheels come up!)

Senna11

Racing Driver
I don't think that would make any difference, the thing that annoyed me most about the new tyre ratio is that the whole car was 12mm higher! but I'm done mate, just keeping it OEM (unless a set of SCUD wheels come
I don't think that would make any difference, the thing that annoyed me most about the new tyre ratio is that the whole car was 12mm higher! but I'm done mate, just keeping it OEM (unless a set of SCUD wheels come up!)
Not sure what happened to the post but new wheels and size then alignment particularly when you lowered it?

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Its not been lowered yet, I had the 30 profile tyres on it first, which is the correct rolling radius, but first drive out, a pothole burst the front tyre and damaged an alloy as they are so skinny. I then went ahead and tried again, putting the next profile tyre size up (35 profile and standard size on the 458) but for the circumference of the wheel and tyre on the F430 is 24cm bigger, which gave the illusion it had been dropped by 12mm, but the whole car is 12mm higher off the ground!

With the standard wheels now back on, I was going to lower the car 12mm all round, but I have already caught the front a couple of times as it is, so its only going to be much worse!

What do you do!!

SS13

Test Pilot
Drives
Porsche 930 turbo

Think I might’ve suggested something like this a while ago… but it’s good to keep people in jobs.

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
I managed to get hold of a very rare genuine part today.

A Genuine Scuderia Front bumper, it will need to be finished, painted and I need to source a few additional bits, but this is one rare item to get!

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Audi R8 V10+ • Taycan GTS
I've just google "F30 Scuderia". That front end is going to look absolutely mega. The more aggressive intakes and the angles will really lift the front end and make it look meaner.

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
I've just google "F30 Scuderia". That front end is going to look absolutely mega. The more aggressive intakes and the angles will really lift the front end and make it look meaner.

Cheers, I have waited a few years for one to show up, I can now go for the 16m look!

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
It came from a far, and its now landed safely, just turned up by a personal courier! I know it looks like something someone not knowing might (like my wife) take down the tip! however this is like the holy grail of all things 430, I nearly went with a copy a few times, after nearly giving up, but I am over the moon I got the real thing!

I will of course keep everything original, so to revert back come sale time, but for now I need to get this in to the paint shop and it will be the winter project to have it come out like a 16M!

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
I had the F430 lowered today. I had a Scuderia set up and alignment done, its dropped the car about 12mm which does not sound a lot but it does make a difference. The fact I only just cleared a speed hump where I get fuel on the way home suggests I should not go any lower now!!

Che

Test Pilot
Drives
R8 v10+
Looking forward to seeing that new front bumper fitted, really transforms the look!

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Looking forward to seeing that new front bumper fitted, really transforms the look!

Yes, rather annoyingly I am still waiting on the grills and the front splitter to be made, I am chasing my Ferrari main dealer weekly!

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Can never stop modding no matter what the car. Whats peoples thoughts on the rear diffuser colour coded?

my car

Colour coded

Reactions: Che