Audi, Mercedes, Porsche, BMW Forum

Welcome to Deutschespeed.com the newly launched community for German Performance car lovers. The site is in it's launch phase at the moment and so content and membership is small (but growing). Soon we'll have competition prizes and and a live ad campaign to help build the community. If you'd like to be apart of what's going on, sign up and join in!

3/4 series Boba's BMW 320d M-Sport Saloon!

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
I was not keen on using the an E92 M3 as a Daily, bit to extreme for today's running around, to much warming up, to much fuel for pottering about and to much traffic in normal hours, needs to be more of a winter toy.

The new runaround is a 320d M-Sport Auto. Its just such a good car, sometimes you wonder why we have such silly powerful expensive car in this day and age when you cant use it in normal hours, never lone speed bumps, pot holes and fvcking 20 mph "Ive forgotten how to drive" Divs everywhere!

Anyway its hard to get excited about, but most of the bits I would do to one is done, and I like it!, here it is after I just got it home today.

Burnsey

Chief Engineer
Drives
2023 G80 M3 Competition X-Drive
Nowt wrong with that mate...

I'm on the lookout for a runabout, but mine will look like something Stig of the Dump used to own.

SS13

Test Pilot
Drives
Porsche 930 turbo
“No M-Car content here!”? You’d be surprised how often I’m told by someone that they know someone with a new M3/4 and how it’s really fast and it ends up being a pre-owned 320d - M Sport.

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Its a great car just got back from a day out at Bicester Village. Caught some traffic and the car averaged 55.9 mpg door to door.

What is this madness - I thought the fuel gauge was broke!

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Audi R8 V10+ • Taycan GTS
I will not participate in this madness! 😂 I’m a one car guy and use it for every thing.

Seriously though if I bought a car for pottering around, the M5 would never ever get used at all. Im getting 15mpg in it!

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
I will not participate in this madness! 😂 I’m a one car guy and use it for every thing.

Seriously though if I bought a car for pottering around, the M5 would never ever get used at all. Im getting 15mpg in it!
I think the real reason is, I just like cars! However, Using a 15mpg car daily in todays traffic must get you down though, most of the time you can’t get it over 40 mph! I do also think as you get older (bit like how Frank Sinatra and Elton John songs grow on you) you get more MPG conscious.

With this thing, although there is no passion there, it just can’t be ignored, its 30 quid to tax, cost peanuts to insure, does 55mpg, it’s got 230bhp and 350 ft, drives great, looks nice, and has all the bells and whistles. I know it’s a lot newer, but A to B this drives better than the M3!

Its interesting really, but sometimes it makes you wonder why we have the best, top of the range, stupidly expensive model.

God, ark at me!

Last edited:

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
I think the real reason is, I just like cars! However, Using a 15mpg car daily in todays traffic must get you down though, most of the time you can’t get it over 40 mph! I do also think as you get older (bit like how Frank Sinatra and Elton John songs grow on you) you get more MPG conscious.

With this thing, although there is no passion there, it just can’t be ignored, its 30 quid to tax, cost peanuts to insure, does 55mpg, it’s got 230bhp and 350 ft, drives great, looks nice, and has all the bells and whistles. I know it’s a lot newer, but A to B this drives better than the M3!

Its interesting really, but sometimes it makes you wonder why we have the best, top of the range, stupidly expensive model.

God, ark at me!

I totally get it. Nothing has brought it home to me more than the M5. I want the fastest, bestest, prestigiest thing I can afford and then I sit and moan to myself that I don’t get to use it properly snd it’s costing a fortune.

I can see me buying a weekend toy and a daily driver next time.

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
I totally get it. Nothing has brought it home to me more than the M5. I want the fastest, bestest, prestigiest thing I can afford and then I sit and moan to myself that I don’t get to use it properly snd it’s costing a fortune.

It does make perfect sense.

On a side note this is the first car I have had in as many years as I can remember that does not have power memory seats. I know this is shallow, but once someone else has driven it, its a ball ache to get the seat back where you had it. Its doing my nut in - I am going to mark the bloody thing with Silver permanent marker !

I might have to retro fit some memory seats in!

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Gave it a spruce up this morning.... Already thinking spacers, rear splitter, steering wheel refurb, and carbon interior trim, Madness !

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
It does make perfect sense.

On a side note this is the first car I have had in as many years as I can remember that does not have power memory seats. I know this is shallow, but once someone else has driven it, its a ball ache to get the seat back where you had it. Its doing my nut in - I am going to mark the bloody thing with Silver permanent marker !

I might have to retro fit some memory seats in!

Just don’t let anyone else drive it! 👌🏻😉

Senna11

Racing Driver

That’s my plan also.

Senna11

Racing Driver
They are great all round cars, comfortable for motorway jaunts and enough poke for
real world performance. Love mine, just haven’t let doggo in yet!

Senna11

Racing Driver
Are you getting yours mapped?
Not yet as still under warranty. Remap would take to 325d spec 225bhp plus. Just fitted new gear surround and handbrake gaiter on order - wasn’t planning to do a great deal but then keep thinking that looks good. Braided brake lines fitted next week….

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Giving the Taxi some love today as the weather was nice.

Painted these nasty things to gloss black as I likes the shape vs the standard mirror cover.

Please how they came out.