Audi, Mercedes, Porsche, BMW Forum

Welcome to Deutschespeed.com the newly launched community for German Performance car lovers. The site is in it's launch phase at the moment and so content and membership is small (but growing). Soon we'll have competition prizes and and a live ad campaign to help build the community. If you'd like to be apart of what's going on, sign up and join in!

Build Boba's BMW E92 M3 Frozen Black Edition

Doing a build thread? Highlight it!

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Well here it is, I thought well if you are going to have one of the worst to look after paint finishes, might as well have the toughest of them all.

Its held up well really, 10 years old and no bird poo marks, just stone chips and some very light scratches that can barely be seen. Washing it today was a doodle, just a bucket of soapy water and a towel to dry!!

I really like it, the photo's don't do it justice, the lights and reflection shows every lump and bump!! Its not for everyone, but I have wanted a Frozen Edition car and this is the rarest of them all (might be rare for a reason we will see) Anyway here it is:

SS13

Test Pilot
Drives
Porsche 930 turbo
If ever a car deserved a menacing mat black finish.
I love it Boba.

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
If ever a car deserved a menacing mat black finish.
I love it Boba.

Cheers its pretty cool, whats even better is getting back into an E92 M3, its such a good car, in fact they are almost borderline perfect. I love them (y)

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Audi R8 V10+ • Taycan GTS
VERY NICE!

How come you didn't go see the frozen silver one in the end then? I thought you were put off with the whole frozen thing?

You glad to be back in an E92? EDIT - just saw your post above this one (y)

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Also I genuinely think M car side gills started to go right downhill after this.

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
VERY NICE!

How come you didn't go see the frozen silver one in the end then? I thought you were put off with the whole frozen thing?

You glad to be back in an E92? EDIT - just saw your post above this one (y)

I was after a frozen Silver, but I got a tip off for this rare beastie, so off I went. It is a Frozen Black edition, and only 27 worldwide, so man maths suggest it might go up in value with any luck.

But god yeah, and E92 M3, its good to be back, not the fastest thing in the world, but everything else is spot on "One of my favs"

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
I was after a frozen Silver, but I got a tip off for this rare beastie, so off I went. It is a Frozen Black edition, and only 27 worldwide, so man maths suggest it might go up in value with any luck.

But god yeah, and E92 M3, its good to be back, not the fastest thing in the world, but everything else is spot on "One of my favs"

Only 27 worldwide?? Wow. That is a bit special!

Burnsey

Chief Engineer
Drives
2023 G80 M3 Competition X-Drive
Lovely car mate, lovely.

Are you looking to hold a few different motors to feed the hobby, or just trying to find the right one?

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Lovely car mate, lovely.

Are you looking to hold a few different motors to feed the hobby, or just trying to find the right one?

You where right about the RS5, I am not feeling it. Got a mate that's interested in it. Wasted some money on that! Everything else is staying, or I will be divorced. All this car searching take up so much time and its quite tiring as well.

The M3, I would like to think we be around for a while, its one of those drive and enjoy free motoring, lose no money cars!

Out for a nice run down the beach and have lunch in a nice pub garden, its taking preference over the Fezza
lightsaber_duel.gif
I will do a car park look back picture!

Happy days
wine.gif

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
You where right about the RS5, I am not feeling it. Got a mate that's interested in it. Wasted some money on that! Everything else is staying, or I will be divorced. All this car searching take up so much time and its quite tiring as well.

The M3, I would like to think we be around for a while, its one of those drive and enjoy free motoring, lose no money cars!

Out for a nice run down the beach and have lunch in a nice pub garden, its taking preference over the Fezza
lightsaber_duel.gif

Happy days
wine.gif

The Audi in my has a much better cabin than the E92 and is a lovely bit of kit but it can't hold a candle to the M3. I remember I had a 3.0TDI A5 and took an E92 for a test drive. Straight off I felt underwhelmed and when I jumped back into the A5 I'd decided I wasn't interested in the M3, but over the next few days after I just couldnt shake the E92 and kept thinking about it. Something had taken hold in me about it. Two weeks later the A5 was gone and my first M car was in it's place. The cabin may be a bit simplistic but what a machine it is.

Burnsey

Chief Engineer
Drives
2023 G80 M3 Competition X-Drive

lightsaber_duel.gif

Happy days
wine.gif

I used to do it mate and you're right, it's not the money, but the time it takes up.

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
The Audi in my has a much better cabin than the E92 and is a lovely bit of kit but it can't hold a candle to the M3. I remember I had a 3.0TDI A5 and took an E92 for a test drive. Straight off I felt underwhelmed and when I jumped back into the A5 I'd decided I wasn't interested in the M3, but over the next few days after I just couldnt shake the E92 and kept thinking about it. Something had taken hold in me about it. Two weeks later the A5 was gone and my first M car was in it's place. The cabin may be a bit simplistic but what a machine it is.

I think they are awesome, this ones got a nice interior, its full leather with the Ed Stitching, its also got all the options like Individual audio, split arm rest, Individual Carbon Leather trim.

The Audi is a nicer interior, but the M3 is twice the car !

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
The Audi is a nicer interior, but the M3 is twice the car !

That's it in a nutshell. Everything good about the Audi is on display from the get-go, whereas the M3 has hidden depths that just keep you coming back for more. E92 M3 is one of the best cars I've ever owned.

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
That's it in a nutshell. Everything good about the Audi is on display from the get-go, whereas the M3 has hidden depths that just keep you coming back for more. E92 M3 is one of the best cars I've ever owned.

I think its the best M3 of all, so many have gone up to an E92 M3 and so many have come down from an F8x.

Have you got any pictures of yours ?

SS13

Test Pilot
Drives
Porsche 930 turbo
Looks greater Boba.

Has the rear glass been given some aftermarket tints because it looks very dark.

Would you consider ppf’ing the whole car to look after that finish? I think I’d end doing so because it would constantly play on my mind.

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Loving the red stitching on the interior. Never seen that on an E92 before. 👌🏻

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Looks greater Boba.

Has the rear glass been given some aftermarket tints because it looks very dark.

Would you consider ppf’ing the whole car to look after that finish? I think I’d end doing so because it would constantly play on my mind.

Looks factory to me. There’s no silvery bits round the edges.