Audi, Mercedes, Porsche, BMW Forum

Welcome to Deutschespeed.com the newly launched community for German Performance car lovers. The site is in it's launch phase at the moment and so content and membership is small (but growing). Soon we'll have competition prizes and and a live ad campaign to help build the community. If you'd like to be apart of what's going on, sign up and join in!

Build Boba's BMW E92 M3 Frozen Black Edition

Doing a build thread? Highlight it!

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
love the difference these were jobs make. Cheap to do but massive impact. What did you do with the steering wheel trim? Respray it?

No its one I had lying around. I've got so many bits and pieces I have collected over the years !

Last edited:

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
This is shaping up nicely. 👍🏻

Is it a keeper?
I am enjoying it. It ticks a lot of boxes, and I really like the frozen paint finish. I keep looking back at it all the time, it looks so mean and different. It’s a cool car and it’s highly unlikely I’ll see another, so it’s a stick rather than twist for a while.

Not really much I can do with it really, but thinking of getting the carbon plenum and intake, any ideas?

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Audi R8 V10+ • Taycan GTS
I am enjoying it. It ticks a lot of boxes, and I really like the frozen paint finish. I keep looking back at it all the time, it looks so mean and different. It’s a cool car and it’s highly unlikely I’ll see another, so it’s a stick rather than twist for a while.

Not really much I can do with it really, but thinking of getting the carbon plenum and intake, any ideas?

These would be on my list:
Steering wheel retrim from Royal Steering Wheels
DIY Headlight black-out. Tricky job but worth it. Definitely on my list for the M5.
Carbon DCT knob (wasn’t sold on this at first but after seeing it in the flesh I loved it)

I get Royal to do a wheel for every used car I buy now. It makes such a difference having a brand new wheel. And at £200 quid on an exchange basis it’s a no-brainer for me.

I ordered one for the M5 two weeks ago and it’s due to arrive today 😀

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
These would be on my list:
Steering wheel retrim from Royal Steering Wheels
DIY Headlight black-out. Tricky job but worth it. Definitely on my list for the M5.
Carbon DCT knob (wasn’t sold on this at first but after seeing it in the flesh I loved it)

I get Royal to do a wheel for every used car I buy now. It makes such a difference having a brand new wheel. And at £200 quid on an exchange basis it’s a no-brainer for me.

I ordered one for the M5 two weeks ago and it’s due to arrive today 😀

The headlights look good but are a ball ache, done loads and vouched never again!

The steering wheel is a good shout, forgot about that, and its now a must so I will get on it today! what did you go for. Last time I had one done, it was a flat bottom one in my Dakar and it looked a little out of place (first pic and don't like alcantara) was thinking red stitching rather than tri colour with a red 12 marker !

Frozen interior

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
If alcantara isn’t your thing then, personally I’d go for a standard wheel with a mix of perforated and smooth leather with m stitching (or red) and a subtle 12 o’clock marker. Wheel in leather with 12 o’clock in alcantara might be nice. I’m doing the same as my M4. Alcantara with black leather 12oclock.

This was what I had done in the M6. Similar idea with red stitching would look good in your M3.

BA5AE9D7-E768-47EB-8FD1-F212B72D1107.jpeg

Last edited:

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
That sounds the absolute bollocks! 👌🏻
Yes its not bad at all, sounds very similar to a CSL induction noise.

Just ordered my steering wheel. Gone for flat bottom (but less aggressive version) perforated sides, smooth top and bottom, M-Stitching and red 12 hour marker !

happy117.gif

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Yes its not bad at all, sounds very similar to a CSL induction noise.

Just ordered my steering wheel. Gone for flat bottom (but less aggressive version) perforated sides, smooth top and bottom, M-Stitching and red 12 hour marker !

happy117.gif

That’ll look great 👍🏻

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Bit of a cheesy vid I found

I am also having a Plaque made that is Matte Black with Silver, the all silver one is a bit out of place and blingy.

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Well there has been some talk of badges, which made me look at mine. Not going with black now, however, only closer inspection I noticed someone had put the wrong badge on the boot. The E92 has a unique fitting boot badge its curved and also costs a ridiculous £80
ranting.gif

Just a normal flat boot badge pushed on.

The right one pushed and double sided down.

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Guys got my steering wheel turning up anytime soon, it is going to be a bare unit. Has anyone stripped down an E92 DCT wheel and swapped everything over? is it easy?