Audi, Mercedes, Porsche, BMW Forum

Welcome to Deutschespeed.com the newly launched community for German Performance car lovers. The site is in it's launch phase at the moment and so content and membership is small (but growing). Soon we'll have competition prizes and and a live ad campaign to help build the community. If you'd like to be apart of what's going on, sign up and join in!

Build Boba's BMW E92 M3 Frozen Black Edition

Doing a build thread? Highlight it!

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Audi R8 V10+ • Taycan GTS
Nevermind, you can't put a price on peace of mind
fett.gif

Exactly what I was going to type before I scrolled down that far. No way of knowing till the jobs actually done. They should have a shitey old set on hand for these situations that they can show you, so you feel better about having just forked out the dosh!

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Exactly what I was going to type before I scrolled down that far. No way of knowing till the jobs actually done. They should have a shitey old set on hand for these situations that they can show you, so you feel better about having just forked out the dosh!
Yeah bit gutted, they are so honest at ETA! but hell, if anything it shows the cars been well looked after, he said have you had it from new?

Just put a post up about the bearings that might help some people as the Forum gets busier!

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
This running in lark is no fun. Just been out on what can only be described as an economy run and 50 miles felt like an eternity.

@SS13 did you run yours in, I am told to do 500 miles keeping it under 4k revs then an oil change at 1k miles. There is so many mixed views on whether you have to run the bearings in or not.

I have the BE uprated bearings and ARP bolts not sure if that makes a difference over OEM bearings and bolts.

Oh and 16 ARP bolts for £400, are they made of Platinum or something, why are they so expensive?

SS13

Test Pilot
Drives
Porsche 930 turbo
I had my work carried out by Ryan at RD Automotive in Dec 20.

He used ACL bearings and ARP bolts and confirmed no running in was needed.

I don’t generally thump it about anyway but I did take it easy for a while.

Not sure I’ve even done 500 miles since having them done…

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
I had my work carried out by Ryan at RD Automotive in Dec 20.

He used ACL bearings and ARP bolts and confirmed no running in was needed.

I don’t generally thump it about anyway but I did take it easy for a while.

Not sure I’ve even done 500 miles since having them done…

I was going to go with RD, but went ETA in the end, Strange how some say running in is, or is not necessary?

SS13

Test Pilot
Drives
Porsche 930 turbo
Perhaps they assess the need based on the look and age of the owner, you young whipper snapper you…

Parsley

Pit Crew
Nice car, love the frozen ones even if they do look like a wrap. Considering an E9x at the moment.

Parsley

Pit Crew
Hell no mate, would never sell it by choice it's so much fun to drive.

Work has been truly awful for months. Every weekend and way to much time spent at sea. I've just sort of got out of the habit of going on forums. I've forgotten how much I enjoy reading crap on car forums lol.

I'm thinking of a new daily, I'm going to spend 15-20k in a month or so. Shortlisted are E9x, RS5 V8, C63 AMG, basically the usual suspects in that sort of price category. I will find a bargain and buy at the bottom of the market to some extent, I've never been one to demand the best example at the highest price because I like to tinker and need a bit of scope etc. Hope you and Mrs are well mate.

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d

Work has been truly awful for months. Every weekend and way to much time spent at sea. I've just sort of got out of the habit of going on forums. I've forgotten how much I enjoy reading crap on car forums lol.

I'm thinking of a new daily, I'm going to spend 15-20k in a month or so. Shortlisted are E9x, RS5 V8, C63 AMG, basically the usual suspects in that sort of price category. I will find a bargain and buy at the bottom of the market to some extent, I've never been one to demand the best example at the highest price because I like to tinker and need a bit of scope etc. Hope you and Mrs are well mate.
All good mate nice of you to ask. Hope everything is tip top your end as well.

Nice budget, look forward to see what you end up with matey.

Senna11

Racing Driver

C63 6.3 and fit a supercharger!

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Lol what a beast that would be. I'm considering super charging my 996 though.
I had a charged 930 SUpersport G50. it had a Paxton Supercharger and was running around 360bhp, the noise and flames it made where mental, it was all stripped, had loads of weight reduction carried out and it was a right handful, it tried to kill me a few times! That car got me lots of Sex! It was in a Porsche mag feature and I’ll see if I can fish it out.

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
I started fault finding on the Individual audio Yesterday. Amps fine, then check wiring, seats out and took the under seat subwoofers out and I think I have found the problem.

Both joining wires on the Subs are shot, and it looks like they have already had a repair done that's failed again.

The job to fix them properly looks really fiddly with very little room. These are stupid money from BMW, so its worth having a go, and if all else fails there is upgraded direct plug and play replacements available at around £300 each.

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Audi R8 V10+ • Taycan GTS
What would cause that in the first place? Are you thinking about the BAVSOUND subs?