Audi, Mercedes, Porsche, BMW Forum

Welcome to Deutschespeed.com the newly launched community for German Performance car lovers. The site is in it's launch phase at the moment and so content and membership is small (but growing). Soon we'll have competition prizes and and a live ad campaign to help build the community. If you'd like to be apart of what's going on, sign up and join in!

Build Boba's BMW E92 M3 Frozen Black Edition

Doing a build thread? Highlight it!

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
What would cause that in the first place? Are you thinking about the BAVSOUND subs?

I think a previous owner has really liked bass. Going by whats on the net its quite common. Rockford Fosgate do direct plug and play upgrades, so Ill go with them if they can't be repaired.

Not really a massive car Hi-Fi connoisseur, but the Individual audio system does sound good, mine though, currently sounds like its coming from my I-phone speaker.

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
So the subs where given to my Uncle who used to be an electrical engineer, and he has replaced all wires with soldered braided lines and he reckons they are now double the strength they where. Fitted them in and I now have Individual audio back again. I had forgot how good this sound system is and its amazing how those 2 speakers make a mahoosive difference.

On a side note, they do sit in a large recess under the seats and that recess is about 3.5 inch deep, which has vents going off to other paces under the carpet. Now I always thought you sat higher (and one of my only complaints about the E92 is you sit high up in the car) still further in an E92 M3 fitted with Individual audio to accommodate these speakers.

All fitted and good chance to do give it a good clean.

Last edited:

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Audi R8 V10+ • Taycan GTS
Love that! Cannot beat a good, cheap fix to solve a problem. Especially when they’re now better than new. 😎👍🏻

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Love that! Cannot beat a good, cheap fix to solve a problem. Especially when they’re now better than new. 😎👍🏻
Yes well chuffed, been out in it today enjoying the Bass and putting a few miles on it.

Stopped off for some supplies and had to take a snap

Walking up..

Closer...

Other side for luck!

beerbang.gif

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
You'll need to do a youtube clip of the exhaust for us.

Will do, I have also got this coming now. Thanks to Stu!

Just one problem, with the group buy I have just seen the lead time is 24 weeks
hmm.gif
Not sure if I can wait that long!

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
24 weeks?? Are they making them to order?

I appreciate these things but I’ve never spent any money in under the bonnet stuff. It’s often too dear for something that doesn’t get seen.

This looks awesome for the M5 but it’s about 2 grands worth!

428FDF3B-3E12-4329-A3D0-C901E3611626.png

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
24 weeks?? Are they making them to order?

I appreciate these things but I’ve never spent any money in under the bonnet stuff. It’s often too dear for something that doesn’t get seen.

This looks awesome for the M5 but it’s about 2 grands worth!

View attachment 1293
I would not be buying if it was just for looks, but on the V8 the Carbon Plenum gives you a lovely induction roar similar to a CSL.

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
I agree, My 320d is quite similar to the M4 front, and the E92 just looks mean, I think the colour helps, maybe. One thing I do know is the frozen black does not photo well, when you see it in the metal it’s stunning. It has aged really well, as you know it’s my favourite M. If you could sit slightly lower (and like a cayman GT4) it had another 80 to 100 more horses it would be perfect.

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Would have liked to have seen them on.
My original grills are frozen black and l preferred the look after fitting these, I’m usually good with photos, but did not take any. They looked ok, but not as good, and the carbon would not stop there, next it will be diffuser, mirrors, hi kick spoiler etc..

Think I’ll keep this as OEM as possible.

Burnsey

Chief Engineer
Drives
2023 G80 M3 Competition X-Drive
Carbon is a funny one.

Some love it, some hate it.

I'm happy with what I have on mine, but could live with gloss black too.

Yours looks great OEM mate.

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Carbon is a funny one.

Some love it, some hate it.

I'm happy with what I have on mine, but could live with gloss black too.

Yours looks great OEM mate.
Thanks for the kind comment, I like carbon on a shiny car, but I am also thinking when you have a theme and that being a Matt black car, it looks a bit silly putting glossy things on it.

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
My original grills are frozen black and l preferred the look after fitting these, I’m usually good with photos, but did not take any. They looked ok, but not as good, and the carbon would not stop there, next it will be diffuser, mirrors, hi kick spoiler etc..

Think I’ll keep this as OEM as possible.

Ah right, I see. Yeah with the wheels being matt as well it would have looked out of sorts I suppose. If I'm on honest I prefer gloss black to carbon. Unfortunately for me it gets lost on a black so its either carbon or chrome to give a contrast. Everything else looks too Max Power. If I were to buy another M5 at some point, Brands Hatch grey with gloss black bits would be my preferred route I think.

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Ah right, I see. Yeah with the wheels being matt as well it would have looked out of sorts I suppose. If I'm on honest I prefer gloss black to carbon. Unfortunately for me it gets lost on a black so its either carbon or chrome to give a contrast. Everything else looks too Max Power. If I were to buy another M5 at some point, Brands Hatch grey with gloss black bits would be my preferred route I think.
Do you think you will get another M5?