Audi, Mercedes, Porsche, BMW Forum

Welcome to Deutschespeed.com the newly launched community for German Performance car lovers. The site is in it's launch phase at the moment and so content and membership is small (but growing). Soon we'll have competition prizes and and a live ad campaign to help build the community. If you'd like to be apart of what's going on, sign up and join in!

Brake Fluid Service (F90M5)

Burnsey

Chief Engineer
Drives
2023 G80 M3 Competition X-Drive
Anyone know if the dealer needs to remove wheels for this?

Two year brake fluid service and at under £100, can't see them doing much to be fair!

Burnsey

Chief Engineer
Drives
I would imagine so to bleed them.
Thanks.

Wheel stud bolts have a dedicated tool and need to be torqued correctly, so no doubt supervision will be required...

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Thanks.

Wheel stud bolts have a dedicated tool and need to be torqued correctly, so no doubt supervision will be required...

Hi, when I had my M4 in to have the wheel speed sensors done under warranty, the moment I got it home I went to put the wheel spacers back on and the wheel bolts where done up so tight, it split my socket and I had to get the rest off with a long breaker bar!!

A mate just had a wheel kerbed when in for a service!

Every time one of my cars have gone into a main dealer its come out worse than it went in.

Burnsey

Chief Engineer
Drives
Hi, when I had my M4 in to have the wheel speed sensors done under warranty, the moment I got it home I went to put the wheel spacers back on and the wheel bolts where done up so tight, it split my socket and I had to get the rest off with a long breaker bar!!

A mate just had a wheel kerbed when in for a service!

Every time one of my cars have gone into a main dealer its come out worse than it went in.
Yep!

No power tools and torque settings, plus spacers etc, etc. Dreading it.

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Yep!

No power tools and torque settings, plus spacers etc, etc. Dreading it.

110 to 120 Ftlb is about right for wheel bolts. Are you taking the spacers off before going in, I would advise that !

Mine where obviously gunned up and the danger is stressing and stretching the bolts.

Burnsey

Chief Engineer
Drives
110 to 120 Ftlb is about right for wheel bolts. Are you taking the spacers off before going in, I would advise that !

Mine where obviously gunned up and the danger is stressing and stretching the bolts.

They're 140 nut to stud.

I'll take itin and chat.Any problems, I will drive off.

Burnsey

Chief Engineer
Drives
Main dealers can be funny about wheel spacers being fitted.

They've taken my pants down on previous services and they've always been on, so it will be fun to see them moan about it this time.

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Audi R8 V10+ • Taycan GTS
Mine got done last year (have the receipt for it). Given what they charge, I'd be amazed if they take the wheels off.

Paddy1975

Chief Engineer
Drives
BMW 3 Series
Nope had the brake fluid service on mine recently and all done with wheels in place, even sent the usual well this is wrong video and clearly see on there

Burnsey

Chief Engineer
Drives
Nope had the brake fluid service on mine recently and all done with wheels in place, even sent the usual well this is wrong video and clearly see on there
Thanks Paddy.

Did you comment on FaceAche?

If so, there are two F90's in the town!

Which dealer did you use?

Paddy1975

Chief Engineer
Drives
BMW 3 Series
Had to use a main stealer as it was tied in with end of warranty check, use Sytner west midlands