Audi, Mercedes, Porsche, BMW Forum

Welcome to Deutschespeed.com the newly launched community for German Performance car lovers. The site is in it's launch phase at the moment and so content and membership is small (but growing). Soon we'll have competition prizes and and a live ad campaign to help build the community. If you'd like to be apart of what's going on, sign up and join in!

Can I Moan?

Burnsey

Chief Engineer
Drives
2023 G80 M3 Competition X-Drive
Helo you lot!

Car is 2 years old in three months, 16,000 miles, immaculate.

Due for a service around its birthday, so whilst there, can I expect anything by way of a decent response moaning about the leather cracking/wearing?

I'm a fat arse, but still, personally I don't think it is good enough, taking account of the age, use and the fact it's a hundred grand car.

Unknown.jpeg

Unknown-1.jpeg

SS13

Test Pilot
Drives
Porsche 930 turbo
Fk me, that’s atrocious.

You definitely deserve a moan and a response from the dealership.

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
I would say yes, and what have you got to lose. That does not look like something that could be avoided, it just looks like poor quality leather finishing (finish peeling off) on a high traffic area.

I would moan and my expectations on something being done, quite high, what with it being low miles, bought from new, flagship car that's been loved and looked after. Lay it on thick (y)

Burnsey

Chief Engineer
Drives
2023 G80 M3 Competition X-Drive
Thanks both. Not found the dealership great, but stayed loyal as find they’re all pretty shite to be fair.

I’m going to pop over the pics in an email ‘in preparation’ for my service visit.

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Audi R8 V10+ • Taycan GTS
I’d say that’s part and parcel for that kind of seat but I’d be expecting it to last way longer before it gets to that stage. Plenty of folk have had the dealer change the leather for similar on car of that age and mileage so I’d just be very firm and don’t take no for an answer.