Audi, Mercedes, Porsche, BMW Forum

Welcome to Deutschespeed.com the newly launched community for German Performance car lovers. The site is in it's launch phase at the moment and so content and membership is small (but growing). Soon we'll have competition prizes and and a live ad campaign to help build the community. If you'd like to be apart of what's going on, sign up and join in!

CWC 1980 Re-Issue Diver

Burnsey

Chief Engineer
Drives
2023 G80 M3 Competition X-Drive
Anyone here into watches?

I'm having a clear out with a planned arrival soon, so thought I'd start with this one.

This one retails at £2k, but can be had second hand around £1,250 - I'll take a round grand for it.

C3 lume version, pretty immaculate with all that it came with this year(tin, warranty cars and a couple of straps)

The blurb on it below.

NATO number 0552/9237697 this watch actually superseded the Rolex MilSub on the wrists of Royal Navy divers, and its first version, with a self-winding mechanical movement, is far rarer than the Rolex it replaced.

• Limited run of 600
  • An everyday wearable and diveable collector's piece that is serial numbered with history and provenance second to none.
  • Made in our factory in Switzerland. Precise, reliable, accurate timepiece made to defence standard set out in the 70s by M.O.D.
  • Made to MOD 1980 specification (except Tritium lume).
  • Water-resistant to 30 atmospheres, 300m.
  • Sword hands
  • 1980 CWC vintage logo
  • One-way luminous insert time elapse bezel
  • Exact case and case back in polished stainless steel as per the original
  • Screw-down crown
  • Screw-down case back
  • 45mm diameter including crown & 41mm not including crown, 47mm lug to lug & 20mm lug width. Bezel diameter is 40mm, Crystal is 31mm, top of crystal to base of case back 12.7mm
  • ETA 2824-2 Swiss automatic mechanical movement. CWC engraved.
  • Super Luminova lume markings, Dark Vintage, Light Vintage & C3
  • Sapphire glass
  • Swiss-made, Swiss parts
  • Fixed strap bars

A really crap, lazy photo...

Unknown.jpeg

SS13

Test Pilot
Drives
Porsche 930 turbo
We all love a nice watch.

It’s got a great spec, but it’s just not my cuppa.

I’m intrigued though, because I know you’re a bit of a collector, what attracted you to this one?

GLwtS regardless.

Burnsey

Chief Engineer
Drives
2023 G80 M3 Competition X-Drive
It's a re-issue of a 'pretty important' military watch and as a sales thread won't bore you with it, but safe to say collectors tend to have collections within their collection and albeit they all look the same, there's usually a reason...

Unknown.jpeg

I'm one of those 'give your forum mates first option' type of fella's and although the market here is small, I just chucked it on before eBay etc, where it will fetch at least £1,200. Plus, I couldn't be arsed taking photos, but will crack on with that this week.