Audi, Mercedes, Porsche, BMW Forum

Welcome to Deutschespeed.com the newly launched community for German Performance car lovers. The site is in it's launch phase at the moment and so content and membership is small (but growing). Soon we'll have competition prizes and and a live ad campaign to help build the community. If you'd like to be apart of what's going on, sign up and join in!

Douglas Park Hamilton - Riviera Blue M4 M Performance in stock £95k

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Audi R8 V10+ • Taycan GTS
Dropped the M5 off at the local dealer this morning. I might have mentioned it in my dedicated thread but the first owner of this car had it in to Park Lane BMW to fix a squeaky drivers seat and it seems that they made an arse of connecting the M5 logo back up. As a result the BDC module has switched both of them off. Car's getting fixed under warranty and the parts have finally arrived so in it goes.

Whilst sitting at the service desk, right next to me was a Mexico blue M4 with all of the M Performance goodies on it, including the marmite exhaust. It's listed at £95k but by god does this thing look amazing in the flesh! The I've seen a couple of new M4s in the flesh now and they look OK. Havent really stood out for me, but this thing really took my breath away. Obviously everything looks great when clean and under showroom lights but it really was the best G8X I've seen yet. I even had one of those twinges that makes you think "I don't care what that's going to cost me a month, I want it!"

One caveat though... It didn't have a number plate on it and I think that really does make a huge difference to these cars.

I should have taken a photo but was in and out pretty quick but it looked a lot like this one I found online (but covered in Carbon Fibre bits)

201.jpg

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Those stupid fins on the bumper are a mod to far. Bumper molded coloured coded would just about work. It is a lovely colour and much better on a Porsche. No idea how BMW are getting to use and call colours that are Ferrari and Porsche?

I have seen many of these now, mostly 4 door versions, and I don't think that's a car I will own until they are about £20-£30k in a few years time, it just does not looks special.

The new Corvette Z06 on the other hand, that could be the first Yank car I own. Looks like a performance bargain, right hand drive, stunning and something worth owning!

Last edited:

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Those stupid fins on the bumper are a mod to far. Bumper molded coloured coded would just about work. It is a lovely colour and much better on a Porsche. No idea how BMW are getting to use and call colours that are Ferrari and Porsche?

I have seen many of these now, mostly 4 door versions, and I don't think that's a car I will own until they are about £20-£30k in a few years time, it just does not looks special.

The new Corvette Z06 on the other hand, that could be the first Yank car I own. Looks like a performance bargain, right hand drive, stunning and something worth owning!

Not sure how I’d get my kids in the back mind. 😂

Burnsey

Chief Engineer
Drives
2023 G80 M3 Competition X-Drive
Have to say I love the colour.

I had an F80 and liked it a lot.Never liked the F82 against popular demand, but I personally think the two door trumps the four door here,but only in the right colour.

I'm with @boba fett though - for some reason, I don't want one and I really thought I would.

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Have to say I love the colour.

I had an F80 and liked it a lot.Never liked the F82 against popular demand, but I personally think the two door trumps the four door here,but only in the right colour.

I'm with @boba fett though - for some reason, I don't want one and I really thought I would.

Sitting in front of that one in the showroom is the first time I’ve thought “I do really want one!” They are very colour sensitive I feel and look much better in the flesh than in photos but I think the biggest problem for me is that putting a number plate on ruins the front end for me and I mean RUINS it. It just makes the big kidney grill look daft and takes the vertical curvature away from it.

Part of any desireability comes from the fact that it’s new and shiney as well. 6 months into ownership when that’s worn off and you’re looking at mental plus £1k+ monthly PCP payment coming out of the bank, I think the novelty would wear off quite quickly. I got rid of the RS5 because I started to resent what I was paying to effective rent a car every month and that was £850 so I know how I’d end up feeling on the G80.

I reckon I’ll have one but it’ll be a few years away at a sensible used price I think and it would need to be a loud colour.

Oh and @boba fett 100% on the front canards. Haven’t seen a car those look on yet.

Burnsey

Chief Engineer
Drives
2023 G80 M3 Competition X-Drive
Sitting in front of that one in the showroom is the first time I’ve thought “I do really want one!” They are very colour sensitive I feel and look much better in the flesh than in photos but I think the biggest problem for me is that putting a number plate on ruins the front end for me and I mean RUINS it. It just makes the big kidney grill look daft and takes the vertical curvature away from it.

Part of any desireability comes from the fact that it’s new and shiney as well. 6 months into ownership when that’s worn off and you’re looking at mental plus £1k+ monthly PCP payment coming out of the bank, I think the novelty would wear off quite quickly. I got rid of the RS5 because I started to resent what I was paying to effective rent a car every month and that was £850 so I know how I’d end up feeling on the G80.

I reckon I’ll have one but it’ll be a few years away at a sensible used price I think and it would need to be a loud colour.

Oh and @boba fett 100% on the front canards. Haven’t seen a car those look on yet.

Fair assessment.

For me, I got out of the whole PCP cycle, but the same applies to cash buyers - they tend to say, "no way this is a hundred grand "(or whatever), as opposed to " this is not worth £xxx.xx per month.

NB: I didn't buy cash, I used HP over a short period, which killed me, but got me out of the long term ongoing regular payment I hated.

Senna11

Racing Driver
I wouldn’t want to own the car in that colour but quite happy to see others driving it. One of those colours that works well in sunnier climes. Still prefer the 4 door. The G8X is a large car though - seen a few now although the Xdrive would be the one to have but not at the premium being charged at present. Depreciation looks cliff edge based on future values. Used M5 would be the clever buy IMO.

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Used M5 would be the clever buy IMO.

landscape-1471256782-clarkson-being-a-smug-twat.gif