Audi, Mercedes, Porsche, BMW Forum

Welcome to Deutschespeed.com the newly launched community for German Performance car lovers. The site is in it's launch phase at the moment and so content and membership is small (but growing). Soon we'll have competition prizes and and a live ad campaign to help build the community. If you'd like to be apart of what's going on, sign up and join in!

3/4 series E46 330ci Sport Convertible

Scoobyd

Boy Racer
Drives
BMW E46 330ci Sport Convertible
Hi all! As a new member I thought I'd share my wheels... not the latest and greatest as many members have but timeless in my eyes at least!

I purchased it at 2.5 years old almost 16 years ago now. Probably a record on a car forum! Individual Messing Metallic, Individual black ash interior trim, every single option that was available for the car when new is ticked, faithfully maintained with no expense spared. I'd like to think, but may be biased, it's one of the nicest examples out there. Can't see myself ever selling it now having come this far!

20180513_113312612_iOS (2).jpg

20200517_172628919_iOS (2).jpgIMG_0176 (2).JPG
IMG_3182 (2).JPG

G50

Boy Racer
Drives
Bmw 540i
Love the colour! How many miles have you put on it in that time, and how often do you drive it?

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Audi R8 V10+ • Taycan GTS
That’s a cracking colour. Looks in great condition for its age. You’ve obviously really looked after it.

EvilDrPorkChop

Test Pilot
Drives
Porsche Cayman
Always loved the E46 range in my youth. A neighbour had a 330ci Coupe when they first came out in blue with cream interior and at the time it was 🤤

I fancied a Compact too to keep at one point but missed out on a minter about 8 years ago!

Scoobyd

Boy Racer
Drives
Love the colour! How many miles have you put on it in that time, and how often do you drive it?
Thanks! It's the colour that sold it to me at the time. And the all round spec. I'd been seeing plenty in blue, silver and black but when I saw this one I didn't hesitate. I've put over 100k on it now personally and it's nudging 145k all in. It's my daily driver but given I've worked from home the past two years it's been more of a weekend driver of late!

Reactions: G50

Scoobyd

Boy Racer
Drives
That’s a cracking colour. Looks in great condition for its age. You’ve obviously really looked after it.
Cheers. Yup, meticulously maintained. Going in for a new viscous fan and to have a faulty rear parking sensor fixed next week. Zero depreciation now though so there's that! Paid £21k for it 16 years ago this June so it's been a good investment overall!

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
That's a rare colour, congrats.

Got a soft spot for these, still look lovely today !

Scoobyd

Boy Racer
Drives
That's a rare colour, congrats.

Got a soft spot for these, still look lovely today !
Thanks! Yes they've really aged well I think. If you're still looking back at your car after 16 years you know you've got a good one. Most can't say that about their wife 😂

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Thanks! Yes they've really aged well I think. If you're still looking back at your car after 16 years you know you've got a good one. Most can't say that about their wife 😂

I've had 12 now, I think, E46 M3's I love them, still like another today !

Big fan of the 46!

Scoobyd

Boy Racer
Drives
12?! That’s some going! Harder and harder to find good examples now though I expect. As the prices come down they fall into the wrong hands and eventually get ruined. So the mint ones command a top price.

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
12?! That’s some going! Harder and harder to find good examples now though I expect. As the prices come down they fall into the wrong hands and eventually get ruined. So the mint ones command a top price.

I always bought rare ones, that way you always get your money back, had a few E9x M3's as well amongst other M's and currently enjoying an E92 M3.

Rust is killing a lot of 46's now, and the M3 can, as they get older, empty your wallet with documented known issues.

I would love to have some of the E46's M3's I had back, be worth a lot now!