Audi, Mercedes, Porsche, BMW Forum

Welcome to Deutschespeed.com the newly launched community for German Performance car lovers. The site is in it's launch phase at the moment and so content and membership is small (but growing). Soon we'll have competition prizes and and a live ad campaign to help build the community. If you'd like to be apart of what's going on, sign up and join in!

Engine sounds

Derekh929

Chief Engineer
Drives
F56 JCW & Vintage MTB
Thar GTO up the mountains in Italy on nice summers day, pure heaven, saying that the V8 twin turbo I had in the merc sounded awesome as well, without the raw mechanical sounds and smells you get with old school motors like this

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Thar GTO up the mountains in Italy on nice summers day, pure heaven, saying that the V8 twin turbo I had in the merc sounded awesome as well, without the raw mechanical sounds and smells you get with old school motors like this

I completely agree, the sound a car makes is so important. I have posted this before, but a small tunnel run on the way to Dover !!

Derekh929

Chief Engineer
Drives
F56 JCW & Vintage MTB
I completely agree, the sound a car makes is so important. I have posted this before, but a small tunnel run on the way to Dover !!

😂 the slow down for the speed up and the abligartory throttle blip, just what I did in the AMG looked for every underpass like a kid in sweet shop(y)

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Of course!! Should hear it in real life, makes my hairs stand on end !

Derekh929

Chief Engineer
Drives
F56 JCW & Vintage MTB
Have you got rid of the merc?
With lockdown and all the cancelled cars n coffee and breakfast meets m and char meets off likely for a year or so, was out very little, got addicted to cycling when did charity challenge in summer so out all time on bike as well:)
so in August when away for car run on Heart 200 route with Denso and Scottish M guys I had the JCW and had a great time, so tried WBAC and I could not believe the value offered was higher that year before, so made me think and got higher offer again from local trader, so took private plate off and in time pit got done WBAC value went up another £800 result, got huge chunk of my big deposit back , I put down on my first PCP.
loved the car and may buy another it was so good, but I’m sitting tight watching the market, and may just trade the JCW and have one car, and retro classic, or possibly have a look at another performance car if arse goes out of the market into buyer market, for me bring it on😀
I have not missed it yet either as been to many lockdowns

Last edited:

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
With lockdown and all the cancelled cars n coffee and breakfast meets m and char meets off likely for a year or so, was out very little, got addicted to cycling when did charity challenge in summer so out all time on bike as well:)
so in August when away for car run on Heart 200 route with Denso and Scottish M guys I had the JCW and had a great time, so tried WBAC and I could not believe the value offered was higher that year before, so made me think and got higher offer again from local trader, so took private plate off and in time pit got done WBAC value went up another £800 result, huge chunk of my big deposit I put down on my first PCP.
loved the car and may buy another it was so good, but I’m sitting tight watching the market, and may just trade the JCW and have one car, and retro classic, or possibly have a look at another performance car if arse goes out of the market into buyer market, for me bring it on😀
I have not missed it yet either as been to many lockdowns

I got out of my M4 around that time, never really did like it much and prices where an all time high, and taking into acount it was bought from BMW and with all the mods I came out of it 500 quid better off than it owed me!

There has been all this talk for the past 8 months about prices dropping, but it’s not happened yet, I think it will, but there is not many cars for sale, like there was which I think is keeping them afloat at the moment.

Senna11

Racing Driver
I got out of my M4 around that time, never really did like it much and prices where an all time high, and taking into acount it was bought from BMW and with all the mods I came out of it 500 quid better off than it owed me!

There has been all this talk for the past 8 months about prices dropping, but it’s not happened yet, I think it will, but there is not many cars for sale, like there was which I think is keeping them afloat at the moment.
Possible increase of cars to market when furlough ends, uptick in job/losses, redundancies, leasing problems

Broncho

Test Pilot
Drives
E Class Cabrio
I filmed this a long time ago but the sound of an S2000 with a cold air intake sounds unbelievable sucking air in at 9000rpm!