Audi, Mercedes, Porsche, BMW Forum

Welcome to Deutschespeed.com the newly launched community for German Performance car lovers. The site is in it's launch phase at the moment and so content and membership is small (but growing). Soon we'll have competition prizes and and a live ad campaign to help build the community. If you'd like to be apart of what's going on, sign up and join in!

F90 M5 Mirror Cap Swap

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Audi R8 V10+ • Taycan GTS
Fitted M Performance carbon mirror caps to my car a wee while back and thought I'd knock up a quick DIY guide on how to swap them over.

It's fairly easy to simply pop the mirror glass out with a bit of leverage from the back. A trim removal tool is quite handy for this:

IMG_1796.JPEG

Next you want to remove the torx screws holding the mirror cap in place:

IMG_1798.JPEG

Then you can release the tabs from the back:

IMG_1800.JPEG IMG_1801.JPEG

With the mirror cap released you now need to remove the indicator light from it and fit it to the new mirror cap. I did this all in-situ, leaving the cables connected:

IMG_1802.JPEG IMG_1803.JPEG IMG_1805.JPEG

Now simply clip the new mirror cap back in place, locating it in place from the A-Pillar first before replacing the torx screws you removed earlier.
IMG_1804.JPEG

And finally, using the palm of your hand, gently clip the mirror glass back in place:

IMG_1806.JPEG

Once you've done both sides it's worth jumping into the drivers seat and re-positioning both mirrors in case you've knocked them out of position during this process.

Et Viola!

IMG_1807.JPEG