Audi, Mercedes, Porsche, BMW Forum

Welcome to Deutschespeed.com the newly launched community for German Performance car lovers. The site is in it's launch phase at the moment and so content and membership is small (but growing). Soon we'll have competition prizes and and a live ad campaign to help build the community. If you'd like to be apart of what's going on, sign up and join in!

Ferrari incoming - all being well, will arrive in the next 2 weeks !!

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Audi R8 V10+ • Taycan GTS
Much prefer that to the white one. Like the darker intakes in the front as well. Red is THE colour. Bloody nice motor and still being financially sensible to boot. Thats the way forward in the current climate.

Derekh929

Chief Engineer
Drives
F56 JCW & Vintage MTB
Congrats BF , red all the way for me, keep us updated on the progress

StuartK

Chief Engineer
Was just looking through AT tonight and spotted this. Interestingly it looks identical to the one my father wanted many moons ago in Maranellos Egham as a divorce gift to himself. Me and my brother had stern words... it was a truly atrocious spec!

I can’t think of anyone that would choose the combo which based on its service history leads me to believe it’s the same car.

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Cheers guys and thanks so much for the kind comments.

Its absolutely immaculate, if it was not for some window rubbers etc showing there age a bit, it would look new. Shame its not a 458, the one I wanted was £145k ! but I now can keep the other toys as well, and not run around in a Kia Logan !! Hopefully next weekend, maybe sooner will be collection day:p

Last edited:

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Was just looking through AT tonight and spotted this. Interestingly it looks identical to the one my father wanted many moons ago in Maranellos Egham as a divorce gift to himself. Me and my brother had stern words... it was a truly atrocious spec!

I can’t think of anyone that would choose the combo which based on its service history leads me to believe it’s the same car.

The world of Ferrari is a strange one mate, some will have anything but a red Ferrari, I was a bit like that, its called resale red and for people with no imagination according to some!! Truth is Red with Crema is just stunning, and Rosso Corsa is just such a beautiful bright Red.

StuartK

Chief Engineer
The world of Ferrari is a strange one mate, some will have anything but a red Ferrari, I was a bit like that, its called resale red and for people with no imagination according to some!! Truth is Red with Crema is just stunning, and Rosso Corsa is just such a beautiful bright Red.

For me it would have to be Yellow with white leather.

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives

Its absolutely immaculate, if it was not for some window rubbers etc showing there age a bit, it would look new. Shame its not a 458, the one I wanted was £145k ! but I now can keep the other toys as well, and not run around in a Kia Logan !! Hopefully next weekend, maybe sooner will be collection day:p

Got to be honest, part of the fun for me is fixing the wee bits that need tidied up. Can only image how much of an anal probing a window rubber would be on a Ferrari right enough.

Maybe you should get one when you sell the boozer, @StuartK 😉

StuartK

Chief Engineer
Got to be honest, part of the fun for me is fixing the wee bits that need tidied up. Can only image how much of an anal probing a window rubber would be on a Ferrari right enough.

Lol when/if. God knows what’s going to happen. The potential buyer we had has done nothing but piss about. Dreamer!

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d

LOL - that made me chuckle, nothing a bit of Gummi Pflege can't sort !

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
LOL - that made me chuckle, nothing a bit of Gummi Pflege can't sort !

if you’ve not tried it before, Krytox is the daddy. There’s a guy on eBay sells it’s in 10ml quantities. Used it on my roof seals for the M4. Amazing stuff.

Schmeel

Test Pilot
Drives
997 Hartech

Plenty of time for that (458) when you are ready.
Right now enjoy what you have. That is a beaut and I love it over the wrapped white already!

Can't wait to see some proper pics!

Enjoy in good health bud. (y)

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Temporary set back, could not help but notice the PPI showed rocker cover gasket right side showing early signs of oil seepage, so both are being replaced (common problem as the gaskets go brittle over time not miles) and, while this is not a big job, its a Ferrari and requires far more removal of parts than the average car, so I am also paying the extra for the plenum and both cam covers to be refurbished while they are off. They are all very good to be honest but showing early signs of flaking at the outer edges. I want them perfect and more importantly to last. The steering wheel is being fitted today :p the finishing touch, you would think this would be easy, but needs expensive Ferrari software to program to the car !!

Last edited:

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Temporary set back, could not help but notice the PPI showed rocker cover gasket right side showing early signs of oil seepage, so both are being replaced (common problem as the gaskets go brittle over time not miles) and, while this is not a big job, its a Ferrari and requires far more removal of parts than the average car, so I am also paying the extra for the plenum and both cam covers to be refurbished while they are off. They are all very good to be honest but showing early signs of flaking at the outer edges. I want them perfect and more importantly to last. The steering wheel is being fitted today :p the finishing touch, you would think this would be easy, but needs expensive Ferrari software to program to the car !!

Doesn’t surprise me. Nothing about Italian motors is cheap. Especially when it’s a Ferrari I’d imagine.

Looking forward to the wheel being fitted. Think that’ll look mega.