Audi, Mercedes, Porsche, BMW Forum

Welcome to Deutschespeed.com the newly launched community for German Performance car lovers. The site is in it's launch phase at the moment and so content and membership is small (but growing). Soon we'll have competition prizes and and a live ad campaign to help build the community. If you'd like to be apart of what's going on, sign up and join in!

Ferrari Purosangue First Look

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Audi R8 V10+ • Taycan GTS
Ferrari says that this isn't an SUV. Its an all new segment with it being the first to occupy it apparently. Or you could say that it's a supercar for those with creaky knees or bad backs. If the Urus is anything to go by, it'll sell like hot-cakes.
  • Dry-Sumped 6.5 litre V12 with 715bhp output
  • £350,000 before options
  • Suicide Doors
  • Unique Active Suspension
  • Shorter than the Aston Martin DBX and Lambourghini Urus but wider than both
  • 10cm lower than both of those cars
  • 8 speed Double Clutch Gear Box
  • 0-62 in 3.3 seconds
  • 49:51 weight distribution
  • First deliveries summer 2023
Ferrari Purosangue revealed -2.pngFerrari Purosangue revealed -3.pngFerrari Purosangue revealed -4.pngFerrari Purosangue revealed -5.pngFerrari Purosangue revealed -6.pngFerrari Purosangue revealed -7.pngFerrari Purosangue revealed -8.pngFerrari Purosangue revealed -9.pngFerrari Purosangue revealed -10.pngFerrari Purosangue revealed -11.png

Denso

Chief Engineer
Drives
E46 M3 Ruby 1 of 6, Audi TTRS Vorsprung
I kinda like it but not the price o_O

Denso

Grunty-Motor

Pit Crew
Drives
X3M, MX-5, R1250GS and zx6r track bike
looks a bit like the wifes CX3 when you get the aspect ration wrong :rolleyes:

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
I think they had to make this to survive, Enzo must be turning in his grave!

I just don't get this type of car in todays market, other than, well, you just can! As said its for people with to much money that also have nucleus pushing out of the annulus.

It might be fast and corners "car" like, but You still have to hustle an over 2 tonne car round a corner! They should have gone all out and did it Battery style!

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Agreed, these are cars that are selling, so they need to give customers something to buy. The thing is, someone like me looks at this as a wasted opportunity. i.e. if you're going to buy a Ferrari (or a Lamborghini or an Aston Martin for that matter) why would you buy an SUV? But, Ferrari isn't seeking to cannibalise sports car sales. They've actually said that they expect owners will buy this as part of a collection and when you're a customer who can afford multiple Ferrari's, it becomes a more sensible proposition.

If you're Ferrari, without this car in your stable, those customers will buy your sports car but put their SUV money into a G-Wagon, a Urus or Ranger Rover etc.

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Purosangue! no doubt that means "One with great ground clearance" or something in Latin!

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Look how low this actually is when you put a man next to it. It really isn't an SUV after all.

Burnsey

Chief Engineer
Drives
2023 G80 M3 Competition X-Drive
I'm with you Boba on the grave turning of many of the old school, but the time has come to accept the marques once famed for their exclusivity, sports based looks and performance must look to sell a wide range. I'm a massive Lamborghini Urus fan and although I've no intention to buy an SUV, the choice can now involve some great badges.

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
I'm with you Boba on the grave turning of many of the old school, but the time has come to accept the marques once famed for their exclusivity, sports based looks and performance must look to sell a wide range. I'm a massive Lamborghini Urus fan and although I've no intention to buy an SUV, the choice can now involve some great badges.

I do agree, and they do make more sense given the state of our roads, which certainly down here are the worst they have ever been.

My wife wants a URUS after a mate through us the keys to his, I must say not my thing, but there is something about going that quickly so high up!

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
I'm a big fan of the Urus but if they both were at that price point, I'd take the Ferrari all day long.