Audi, Mercedes, Porsche, BMW Forum

Welcome to Deutschespeed.com the newly launched community for German Performance car lovers. The site is in it's launch phase at the moment and so content and membership is small (but growing). Soon we'll have competition prizes and and a live ad campaign to help build the community. If you'd like to be apart of what's going on, sign up and join in!

Forum performance recently

Deutschespeed

Janitor
Staff member
Hi all,

We've had a few issues with our hosting server and this has caused the site to grind to a hault and making pages take a long time to load. We're investigating and hope to have it sorted soon.

Deutschespeed

Janitor
Staff member
We’ve still got a bit of an issue with page-loads taking too long and the overall speed of the site.

Despite our best efforts, we can’t seem to get it zipping along as it should so we’ve bitten the bullet and hired a developer to investigate and properly optimise the site so that everything loads as quick as it should.

Please bear with us but she should finally have this nailed within the next week or so.

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
We’ve still got a bit of an issue with page-loads taking too long and the overall speed of the site.

Despite our best efforts, we can’t seem to get it zipping along as it should so we’ve bitten the bullet and hired a developer to investigate and properly optimise the site so that everything loads as quick as it should.

Please bear with us but she should finally have this nailed within the next week or so.

I have noticed it takes some time to load up a page with the green stripe flashing across the top and the 3 timers, timing away.

Can get quite annoying at times. Well done on getting it looked into (y)

Deutschespeed

Janitor
Staff member
There’s been a couple of tweaks done that should be in place this morning that should makes those errors disappear and solve the time out problems that we’ve been having.

These were server related. Other work is ongoing this week to further optimise the site to further speed up load times.

Can I ask everyone to please keep reporting issues here so we can address them please?

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
There’s been a couple of tweaks done that should be in place this morning that should makes those errors disappear and solve the time out problems that we’ve been having.

These were server related. Other work is ongoing this week to further optimise the site to further speed up load times.

Can I ask everyone to please keep reporting issues here so we can address them please?

Does seem better already!

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Audi R8 V10+ • Taycan GTS
Yeah, I've not seen any issues so far today. It seemed to have gotten worse with more people being active at any one time. Maybe they've upped some resources to cope on the back end.

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Audi R8 V10+ • Taycan GTS
Anyone else had any problems with the site today? Ive not had a single problem, errors or timeouts.

Scoobyd

Boy Racer
Drives
BMW E46 330ci Sport Convertible
Had a 524 error with a timeout about half an hour ago...

Deutschespeed

Janitor
Staff member
We’ve got someone looking at this and it seems that images are the main issue. So we’re going to be implementing a compression system that should reduce the load on the server for these. Should hopefully be sorted within a few days.

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
We’ve got someone looking at this and it seems that images are the main issue. So we’re going to be implementing a compression system that should reduce the load on the server for these. Should hopefully be sorted within a few days.
LOL - so it’s my fault 🤦‍♂️ sorry 😞

Deutschespeed

Janitor
Staff member
Just an update on where we are with things.

In trying to get the site to perform better, we've been chasing configuration options and looking at adding tools to to improve the load speed and performance, but it looks like we've maxed out those options and some users are still experiencing issues. We've had a really good conversation with our web-hosting company and although we didn't even consider that the site might have outgrown the current server set up, it appears it has. Because of this, the server is struggling to cope at times which is causing random slow-downs and meaning that things such as email alerts etc are working when the server isn't under too much pressure but otherwise aren't working.

All of this explains the inconsistent performance of the site. So, we to fix it, we're moving to a much more powerful server. Three times as powerful to be exact and we've been told that not only should this fix the inconsistent issues with the site, that it should make it a fair bit faster overall.

With in the mind, the migration to the new server is in a queue to be actioned by their technical team and we should see this completed no later than Monday the 9th of May.

I'd be grateful if anyone who is still experiencing issues with the site if they could please email me at info<at>deutschespeed<dot>com so that we can log and track any issues. It seems that many have been suffering in silence and it's only with feedback that we can track down and solve these issues.

Thanks very much for your patience and for sticking with us.

Deutschespeed

Janitor
Staff member
Just a follow-on update. We're still waiting for the server migration to take place. It was supposed to happen by yesterday but there's been a delay. I'll post up when it's gone live but you should feel the difference in speed and reliability beforehand apparently.