Audi, Mercedes, Porsche, BMW Forum

Welcome to Deutschespeed.com the newly launched community for German Performance car lovers. The site is in it's launch phase at the moment and so content and membership is small (but growing). Soon we'll have competition prizes and and a live ad campaign to help build the community. If you'd like to be apart of what's going on, sign up and join in!

Full day on the cars

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Audi R8 V10+ • Taycan GTS
Up early this morning to take the youngest to football. With the Mrs nursing a hangover from her night out last night and the kids out playing, I had the day to myself after that. With the sun covering the front of the house and the rear being in a bit of shade I thought I might as well enjoy the sunshine and bigger about with the cars.

First up, I fitted new brake pads to the rear of the wife's car and gave the brake callipers a tidy up with a few new coats of high temp enamel. Then I replaced the exhaust tips on the M5. I'd bought a set of slash-cut tips from ML Performance a while bac but they got pretty tattie, pretty quick. I ordered another set from AliExpress for a third of the price and whacked them on, but not before I had to lengthen the slot on each with an angle grinder and a drill. They're designed for the F80 so need modified or they stick out too far.

Then I gutted her car inside and out (it's a swamp inside, dried in McDonald's shake on the rear seats, hankies every where, basically as filthy as possible) and washed and hoovered mine along with a fresh coat of tyre gel. Sorted out some paint chips as well.

IMG_3494.JPEG

IMG_3493.JPEG

IMG_3488.jpg

All-cars.jpg

IMG_3489.jpg

A36C26C1-D803-44C4-97FE-4BD66875C955.jpeg

Last edited:

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Nice work and lovely fleet, I love buggering about with cars on a lovely day, I bet your chuffed with the trio.

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Nice work and lovely fleet, I love buggering about with cars on a lovely day, I bet your chuffed with the trio.

I am. My Mrs isn’t. “It looks like we’ve got a gay teenage son and he’s just bought his first car”.

She’s a tough crowd, that one.

Also I feel like I’ve got sunstroke. One of the problems with being baldy is that you forget you need a bit of slap on the old bonce on a day like this.

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
I am. My Mrs isn’t. “It looks like we’ve got a gay teenage son and he’s just bought his first car”.

Also I feel like I’ve got sunstroke. One of the problems with being baldy is that you forget you need a bit of slap on the old bonce on a day like this.

I caught the sun on my face today, you catch it more in a topless motor, I love it and I could do with a bit of colour !

isleaiw

Test Pilot
Drives
RS4 / Mini

Tell your Mrs that there is nowt wrong with a gay son and to be prepared as there is a chance later in life you might find you have one ;)

You bloody jocks, one day of a bit of weak sun and you have sunstroke or sunburn!

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d

That last shot is Epic, really like the TT! It just needed to be reversed a bit to get it all in for the money shot !

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Tell your Mrs that there is nowt wrong with a gay son and to be prepared as there is a chance later in life you might find you have one ;)

You bloody jocks, one day of a bit of weak sun and you have sunstroke or sunburn!

Wouldn't bother either of us one bit to be honest, she's just looking for new and inventive ways to get the barbs in!

Oh and it's less to do with being a jock and more to do with being a baldy git!

isleaiw

Test Pilot
Drives
RS4 / Mini
Wouldn't bother either of us one bit to be honest, she's just looking for new and inventive ways to get the barbs in!

Oh and it's less to do with being a jock and more to do with being a baldy git!

I am a baldy git too, but as its in the sun all the time it goes a nice brown shade. Unlike rest of me that I keep covered up!

Just tell her she looks like a WAG.... and married to a L1 footballer or it would be an SVO or Urus or Bentayaga.....

;)

Grunty-Motor

Pit Crew
Drives
X3M, MX-5, R1250GS and zx6r track bike
I dunno if i could sleep with that on my drive....would need to tuck them up at night!

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
I dunno if i could sleep with that on my drive....would need to tuck them up at night!

Not to temp fate but we pretty much have every security measure that you could think of (and some you might not) apart from bollards. We even have outdoor sensors for the alarm system that set the house alarm off if anyone enters the driveway at night. Thankfully it's been trouble free for the last 5 years. There have been a few night-prowlers caught on camera at neighbours with more open front gardens but they've always just walked past ours in the footage.

Touch Wood!

BENLEV

Tyre Kicker
Drives
M3 E93
Not to temp fate but we pretty much have every security measure that you could think of (and some you might not) apart from bollards. We even have outdoor sensors for the alarm system that set the house alarm off if anyone enters the driveway at night. Thankfully it's been trouble free for the last 5 years. There have been a few night-prowlers caught on camera at neighbours with more open front gardens but they've always just walked past ours in the footage.

Touch Wood!
The more security the better. Recently had my M2 stolen from my drive. I now have bollards, steering lock and cameras fitted - can sleep slightly better at night knowing my car won't have vanished by the morning! I will probably be getting outdoor sensors and an alarm system done soon. If I was you, I would fit some bollards too, will deter anyone from even thinking about going near your drive again.

sahajesh

Test Pilot
Drives
X5 40i M Sport
Good idea to block in two nice cars with a dodgy one, that one wil always be a target as it needs moving first to get the tasty stuff 😜

Seriously though, an impressive collection bet parking is mare and you end up driving whichever is parked closest to the road?