DEUTSCHESPEED.com Audi, Mercedes, BMW, Porsche and more

Welcome to Deutschespeed.com the newly launched community for German Performance car lovers. The site is in it's launch phase at the moment and so content and membership is small (but growing). Soon we'll have competition prizes and and a live ad campaign to help build the community. If you'd like to be apart of what's going on, sign up and join in!

Glencoe & Mull & Tobeermory Adventure

Derekh929

Chief Engineer
Drives
F56 JCW & Vintage MTB
Well was away for a few days driving through first Perthshire, then onto Oban for 2 days ready for Ferry to Mull, then a trip round Mull to Tobeermory.
Came off mull and headed to Corran ferry and onto Fort Willian for 2 days to visit glencoe area again.
Had a great time with some fantastic roads to enjoy the JCW on, the wildlife on mull was fantastic, can’t wait for another trip we have planned before year end.

First up our first ferry, the views in early morning were fantastic.

Ready to get going

locals get great

Tobeermory

wildlife

Corran Ferry was great beautiful night it was

Last edited:

Derekh929

Chief Engineer
Drives
F56 JCW & Vintage MTB
Glencoe was fantastic as well great morning it was

The roads just get better and better

Loch Etive

This looked like a load of fun

This fella was great came so close up

View for Lunch

This was fun

A famous spot ruined by ground works at present

Last edited:

Derekh929

Chief Engineer
Drives
F56 JCW & Vintage MTB
Stunning photos and always jealous of your road trips, looks fantastic. Thanks for sharing.
Thanks BF, the wife did not enjoy my spirited drive from getting of mull at Lochaline over to Corran Ferry beside Fort William, let’s say I got carried away in the moment, she said she felt sick with my driving 😂
You need to get a trip planned off season best, only met 1 car on west side of mull , I will give you a guided tour

SS13

Test Pilot
Drives
Porsche 930 turbo
Your pictures are amazing, obviously not taking using your phone and a selfie stick!

The views are incredible and make me want to visit.

Your JCW must’ve egged you on. I found taking my earlier one off run flats truly transformed the character. For the better.

Derekh929

Chief Engineer
Drives
F56 JCW & Vintage MTB
Your pictures are amazing, obviously not taking using your phone and a selfie stick!

The views are incredible and make me want to visit.

Your JCW must’ve egged you on. I found taking my earlier one off run flats truly transformed the character. For the better.
Still using my old canon 70D but have little time to fiddle with many settings on trips like this so sometimes have to hope I get some decent ones.
I’m still on RF tyres by have to say a few have said it makes a big difference , it would have saved me cash as well, but we are still on original rears at 50k😂 I wear the edges on the fronts though, very underrated car IMHO

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Thanks BF, the wife did not enjoy my spirited drive from getting of mull at Lochaline over to Corran Ferry beside Fort William, let’s say I got carried away in the moment, she said she felt sick with my driving 😂
You need to get a trip planned off season best, only met 1 car on west side of mull , I will give you a guided tour
I would do more road trips, but it does not interest my wife at all, unless it involves Spa's and posh hotels. I had booked up for a couple of Rally's but then COVID struck and they where cancelled, first is the 3 Peaks Rally hopefully it will happen next year.

Derekh929

Chief Engineer
Drives
F56 JCW & Vintage MTB
I would do more road trips, but it does not interest my wife at all, unless it involves Spa's and posh hotels. I had booked up for a couple of Rally's but then COVID struck and they where cancelled, first is the 3 Peaks Rally hopefully it will happen next year.
I have to say it’s me that plans all these road trips and it’s me that gets excited on new roads and places, more than wife😂
But I think she enjoyed this last one, I booked afternoon tea at Nice oban hotel with great view then some nice sea foods to eat, Highland soap company for nice code n cake and some nice shops to try to tip the balance with some great eating out venues👍
well I really enjoyed it for sure

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
I have to say it’s me that plans all these road trips and it’s me that gets excited on new roads and places, more than wife😂
But I think she enjoyed this last one, I booked afternoon tea at Nice oban hotel with great view then some nice sea foods to eat, Highland soap company for nice code n cake and some nice shops to try to tip the balance with some great eating out venues👍
well I really enjoyed it for sure
If we weren't so far away, I'd love to go on a wild goose chase with you, and hook up with a few others as well, your choices / locations are superb.