Audi, Mercedes, Porsche, BMW Forum

Welcome to Deutschespeed.com the newly launched community for German Performance car lovers. The site is in it's launch phase at the moment and so content and membership is small (but growing). Soon we'll have competition prizes and and a live ad campaign to help build the community. If you'd like to be apart of what's going on, sign up and join in!

GTi Clubsport has landed...

Yanto

Boy Racer
Drives
M3 CSL, GTi Clubsport
Arrived on a low loader this morning from VW Swindon. Dropped outside the house and I've driven a whole 0.5 miles to the underground carpark, taking it to 6 miles on the clock...then had to head back for work meetings this afternoon. Wedding Anniversary today so Mrs Y has me on house arrest....but I'll try and get a drive in tomorrow and report back.

Few crappy iPhone pics. I hated the 18" wheels when I first saw them, but in the flesh, they look a little better and definitely suit a lighter colour (white, silver) car. The tech and switchgear is a bit mad for an old coooont like me, but I'll have a proper play around with it at the weekend.

tempImageD0aQx9.jpg

clubsport.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Derekh929

Chief Engineer
Drives
F56 JCW & Vintage MTB
Congrats, look forward to your review on your new motor

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Lovely car mate, in the pictures the wheels do look a bit nasty, but I have not seen one in the metal. I would be well pleased with that as my daily hack, its a hell of a car !!

Wicked car, well done, enjoy and congrats mate (y)

Paddy1975

Chief Engineer
Drives
BMW 3 Series
Lovely looking car that @Yanto , i like the wheels tbf. deffo look forward to more pictures and first drive details.

SS13

Test Pilot
Drives
Porsche 930 turbo
Congratulations

I think the money shot on these is looking down the side from the back end, at least it is for me, so I look forward to one them.

I really like the colour too. It looks futuristic.

Remind me again, what was the deal you got on this?

Edited to add: Happy Anniversary

Yanto

Boy Racer
Drives
M3 CSL, GTi Clubsport
Thanks guys, I'll get to the pics / drive soon !

Deal was 2 year lease / 8,000 miles p.a. Obvs tax included and I'll prob get away with one service (I doubt I'll hit 16k miles).

1x £2900
23x £320

(Personal lease so inc. of VAT)

So total cost of ownership will be £10,260 over 2 years.

My alternative was a regular GTi Mk7.5 for around £19K / 20k miles which I'd need to tax (£800-1k over 2 years) and service (£400?) and will likely depreciate by £5k over a couple of years, particularly with downward pressure from Mk8 on secondhand market.

So I figured I'm paying an additional £4k for the the benefit of Mk 8, Clubsport model, brand new, no buying / selling aggravation etc. which man maths tells me is a worthwhile premium.

Yanto

Boy Racer
Drives
M3 CSL, GTi Clubsport
300bhp and enough tech to confuse an old coont like me...inside is like a UFO after CSL, RS4, M2 etc.

I’ve not had a proper drive out - just had a quick 10 mile trip to fuel up last night....and still managed to get 2 thumbs up and two “nice car blud / bruv” at the Shell garage......this is good, right ? 🤣

More to come...

Derekh929

Chief Engineer
Drives
F56 JCW & Vintage MTB
300bhp and enough tech to confuse an old coont like me...inside is like a UFO after CSL, RS4, M2 etc.

I’ve not had a proper drive out - just had a quick 10 mile trip to fuel up last night....and still managed to get 2 thumbs up and two “nice car blud / bruv” at the Shell garage......this is good, right ? 🤣

More to come...
Wow bro sounds like your getting down with the lingo, good to see positive responses, nothing wrong that init good to lighten up some other days😂
I have my popcorn ready for your report bro

Derekh929

Chief Engineer
Drives
F56 JCW & Vintage MTB
Looking very nice, really like the interior, seats look great as well

Yanto

Boy Racer
Drives
M3 CSL, GTi Clubsport
So after spending hours configuring the damn thing (there is a lot of tech going on for a hot hatch), I managed to clock up 80 miles over the weekend. The amount of personal configuration is bonkers (see dash shots) but that’s someone coming from an ancient CSL / B8 RS4 interior.

Initial impressions are good. Engine still feels tight but I have it in good authority that it loosens up massively 800-1000 miles in. It’s pretty rapid. Feels solid / well put together.

It has a great front end. Turn in sharp, no understeer. Some torque steer under hard acceleration (to be expected) But not so bad.

Interior is good. Seats are excellent, very supportive. Wasn’t sure about the materials in the reviews, but it feels more “premium” than I expected.

There are a few too many “nanny state” features. Lane monitoring alerts, side monitoring alerts, too close to car in front etc. Also Eco messages flashing up on dash (e.g. if window is open, it warns you that it’s affecting drag and therefore mpg). So switched off all that crap obviously. In fact, I think 30% - 40% of the tech is completely unnecessary tbh, but I guess is required to tick the box these days.

It gets a very positive reaction from everyone. Thumbs up from the bruvs to an older guy who knocked on the side window as I was thumbing through the manual outside my house and asked if he could have a look inside as he’d had GTis from Mk 1.

All in all, no regrets. I think we’ll have fun...

SS13

Test Pilot
Drives
Porsche 930 turbo
Great angles and those tips look aftermarket huge. I like it.

Derekh929

Chief Engineer
Drives
F56 JCW & Vintage MTB
Thanks for the info that good to hear, the reviews are good on these GTi always look great inside, I agree fan to much stuff you don’t need know, well until you have had it, then you want it again:)

Yanto

Boy Racer
Drives
M3 CSL, GTi Clubsport
250 miles and loosening up nicely.

Heading down to VW Motorline in Tunbridge Wells first thing Sat morning to get a set of 19” Brescias put on. Genuine full set + Dunlop tyres for £1700 which I thought was a bargain when they want £3.3k just for the 19” Clubsport Adelaide or Estoril wheels....neither which look great tbh.
May need some spacers, but it’ll look a like this at 1:45...much better imo.

Paddy1975

Chief Engineer
Drives
BMW 3 Series
Really nice looking car @Yanto , more pictures with the wheels obviously. Good to see the Foo's playing a man of epic taste. great driving music.

Yanto

Boy Racer
Drives
M3 CSL, GTi Clubsport
Pleased with the change. What do we think lads...improvement ?

4A724BAE-8229-4E2A-8BF7-CBFA130AE6F7.jpeg