Audi, Mercedes, Porsche, BMW Forum

Welcome to Deutschespeed.com the newly launched community for German Performance car lovers. The site is in it's launch phase at the moment and so content and membership is small (but growing). Soon we'll have competition prizes and and a live ad campaign to help build the community. If you'd like to be apart of what's going on, sign up and join in!

Gutted !!

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
4 months ago I bought a Used Carbon Fibre F430 Challenge Spoiler on E-bay. Its a rare item and hard to get hold of. The guy used Hermmes to ship it, and guess what, yes it went missing. I got my money back, but I really wanted the spoiler. A few days ago I got some good news and the seller informed me, that it has been found and did I still want it. The seller said I would need to arrange collection this time.

I booked collection through Parcelforce 24 and It showed up today, and on opening I find a VW Passat B7 front Bumper trim !!

I contacted the seller, and it would appear, when he got it back from Hermmes he never checked what was in the packaging, stuck labels on the box and let me have it collected, assuming it was the F430 spoiler, but in fact was another missing Hermmes parcel that had a Passat front Bumper trim in it !

What a mess !!

Derekh929

Chief Engineer
Drives
F56 JCW & Vintage MTB
Yes i know how frustrating this gets, I ordered stainless bolts for a job , M5 100mm I needed, they sent 50 100mm and 50 M6 90mm so they said they had not enough so gave alternative, so they said they would send the other 50 , what came 50 100mm M6 the wrong size again, so apologised , told to keep them and sent out more, by this time i got them from an alternative supplier is a pain

Paddy1975

Chief Engineer
Drives
BMW 3 Series
Before my current position i worked in haulage and logistics for 15 years, and have to say Hermes is the worst for breaking / losing / damaging a lot of what they handle. it is quite scary how they handle and think it is OK to mistreat the items that are in their care.

Schmeel

Test Pilot
Drives
997 Hartech
Mate that is a shocker!.

Can imagine it being a bit of an emotional roller coaster bud.

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Audi R8 V10+ • Taycan GTS
What an absolute ballache. Talk about playing with your emotions. We’ve got a lovely lady that does our Hermes deliveries around our way. She’s great but obviously doesn’t have any control over anything that happens before final delivery.

Ive had bad experiences with Hermes but the worst for me personally has been Parcelforce. They lost an iPhone, damaged a set of alloys and smashed a microwave. Each time I got ZERO compensation.

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
What an absolute ballache. Talk about playing with your emotions. We’ve got a lovely lady that does our Hermes deliveries around our way. She’s great but obviously doesn’t have any control over anything that happens before final delivery.

Ive had bad experiences with Hermes but the worst for me personally has been Parcelforce. They lost an iPhone, damaged a set of alloys and smashed a microwave. Each time I got ZERO compensation.

Same here the girl that delivers round our way is lovely, she helped me try and find the spoiler the first time, as all you have on line is their stupid Robot to deal with, however, Given all their reviews I have no idea how they are still in business.