Audi, Mercedes, Porsche, BMW Forum

Welcome to Deutschespeed.com the newly launched community for German Performance car lovers. The site is in it's launch phase at the moment and so content and membership is small (but growing). Soon we'll have competition prizes and and a live ad campaign to help build the community. If you'd like to be apart of what's going on, sign up and join in!

How to be a massive chav in middle age

Robinho21

Tyre Kicker
Drives
2 brits and a German
And then when you've done that chav it up a bit more with a Milltek exhaust, spacers and some yellow bits o_O

Senna11

Racing Driver
Welcome Robin. The A45S is a great point to point weapon, awesome piece of kit! More than happy to share driving duties on the next tour!

Robinho21

Tyre Kicker
Drives
2 brits and a German
Hello Paul - I have to say I really really like this little car. Have fallen in love with it more than I thought I might.

I'm a a long time AMG fan and despite not having a proper capacity engine or enough cylinders this thing really does feel special.

The engineering is really quite phenomenal with the engine, gearbox, suspension. and AWD system all being bespoke to the 45.

It really is remarkably quick point to point, genuine supercar threatening pace and eats brakes far less than all its bigger brothers did. Chomps tyres mind and I ruined a set inside 4k miles with a big driving trip this year.

Noise is better with the Milltek but it still sounds pretty crap.

Engine is a marvel though, just over 420 bhp, plenty torque and it revs high for a turbo which makes it fun.

Highly recommended

Senna11

Racing Driver
Hello Paul - I have to say I really really like this little car. Have fallen in love with it more than I thought I might.

I'm a a long time AMG fan and despite not having a proper capacity engine or enough cylinders this thing really does feel special.

The engineering is really quite phenomenal with the engine, gearbox, suspension. and AWD system all being bespoke to the 45.

It really is remarkably quick point to point, genuine supercar threatening pace and eats brakes far less than all its bigger brothers did. Chomps tyres mind and I ruined a set inside 4k miles with a big driving trip this year.

Noise is better with the Milltek but it still sounds pretty crap.

Engine is a marvel though, just over 420 bhp, plenty torque and it revs high for a turbo which makes it fun.

Highly recommended
When you think about it that is amazing power from a 2 litre engine that won’t disintegrate. Is there much more available from this with a remap?

Robinho21

Tyre Kicker
Drives
2 brits and a German
When you think about it that is amazing power from a 2 litre engine that won’t disintegrate. Is there much more available from this with a remap?

Good q - Brabus working something apparently which might interest me as it comes with MB warranty, suggested to hit about 470BHp.

Some cars out there running approx 500 but without the safety net.

Yanto

Boy Racer
Drives
M3 CSL, GTi Clubsport
Nowt wrong with that mate, looks great regardless of your age !

Modern day Integrale but twice the power imo.

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Audi R8 V10+ • Taycan GTS
I love these. The only thing that was wrong with the previous car in my opinion was the dash. Mercedes have now fixed that (and then some). Weirdly though I feel that the exterior of the A45 isn’t as nice as the older one but the CLA45 in my eyes looks drop dead gorgeous, like a mini AMG GT63.

Iyet to have an AMG and really fancy one next. One of these would be a serious contender.

As for the noise, it’s just the way of the world I suppose. I’m not lucky enough to have a stable of toys and I’m just resigned to the fact that every newer car I buy sounds worse than the last.

Although having said that the RS5 sounded worse than the M4.

Derekh929

Chief Engineer
Drives
F56 JCW & Vintage MTB
Looks fantastic, I wish I had been brave and gone for the magno grey ED1 AMG Coupe when I got mine, love these been wanting to test drive one for months , but not one dealers can get me out in one in Scotland, pretty power if they want me to be won over with the new 4 cylinder hybrid coming, the tech is great and they seem to punch well above there stats IMHO.