Audi, Mercedes, Porsche, BMW Forum

Welcome to Deutschespeed.com the newly launched community for German Performance car lovers. The site is in it's launch phase at the moment and so content and membership is small (but growing). Soon we'll have competition prizes and and a live ad campaign to help build the community. If you'd like to be apart of what's going on, sign up and join in!

I bought a Proper curve ball Rare Jap daily hack !!

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
I needed to buy a reasonable daily hack. Been looking for a few weeks now, and bought something today, its a "4x4" but a bizarre one !

I bought an Infiniti 50 S Premium. The petrolhead in me could not resist some thing different, very rare, with a 5.0 ltr 400 bhp N/A V8, Coupe body, 370z chassis and gadgets like it was an up to date S-Class !! With 27k miles its smells like a new car, and I have never seen another !!

The drive home was wicked, drives like a agile coupe, and defies its age and goes really well, but you have to be careful of its mass !!

Last edited:

Senna11

Racing Driver
I needed to buy a reasonable daily hack. Been looking for a few weeks now, and bought something today, its a "4x4" but a bizarre one !

I bought an Infiniti QX70 S Premium. The petrolhead in me could not resist some thing different, very rare, with a 5.0 ltr 400 bhp N/A V8, Coupe body, 370z chassis and gadgets like it was an up to date S-Class !! With 27k miles its smells like a new car, and I have never seen another !!

The drive home was wicked, drives like a agile coupe, and defies its age and goes really well, but you have to be careful of its mass !!
Need some pics!

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
I’ll get some up tomorrow mate, please beware, it’s got more bling than a TOWIE Christmas tree!

MrMcG

Boy Racer
Drives
E63 M6
Seen one of these on the road a while back I actually liked it but the wife looked at me like I’d lost my mind :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Seen one of these on the road a while back I actually liked it but the wife looked at me like I’d lost my mind :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Yes they are a bit weid, I dont think it knows what it is ! My wife loves it, as the wheels are already curbed, so looks like ill be in the RRS more !

I chucked a bucket of water over it today and it needs a good polish, but here it is:

A few plans, de-chrome a bit, and wheels are going black !!

Last edited:

Senna11

Racing Driver
Yes they are a bit weid, I dont think it knows what it is ! My wife loves it, as the wheels are already curbed, so looks like ill be in the RRS more !

I chucked a bucket of water over it today and it needs a good polish, but here it is:

A few plans, de-chrome a bit, and wheels are going black !!
Dechrome is a must but I think silver wheels provide a nice contrast. Or even a shade or 2 darker.

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Dechrome is a must but I think silver wheels provide a nice contrast. Or even a shade or 2 darker.

You might be right, Still at the drawing board, I have just ordered a Nismo front splitter and some spacers !!

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Audi R8 V10+ • Taycan GTS
Once the chrome is all gone the black wheels might make for a nice stealthed out look. Someone around my way has a quite one of these with black wheels. Photos dont really do it justice. Its very wide and squat in the metal. I think they look pretty good. The Japanese always seem to struggle with interiors though.

Last edited:

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Once the chrome is all gone the black wheels make make for a nice stealthed out look. Someone around my way has a quite one of these with black wheels. Photos dont really do it justice. Its very wide and squat in the metal. I think they look pretty good. The Japanese always seem to struggle with interiors though.

It does have presence, its huge, it goes well, and handles unlike a two tonne SUV. The V8 S has 4 wheel steer and its so agile for what it is. The view out from the driving seat is lovely as well, something different and bulging !!

The interior, although it has every gadget known to man, its low rent. The seats are lovely and so is the Piano black, but some of the plastics are what you would expect in a Primera not a £60k+ flag ship.

De-Chrome wise, I am going for Front Grill surround, Vents in the wings, Chrome around the windows, door handles and the Rear strip. Leaving the bottom Sill strip Silver and the roof bars. Happy to hear your thoughts, but I think this will look nice.

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
I enjoyed this review, essentially same car, but earlier model and the guy is quite funny !!

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Fitted the front Splitter and Spacers today, then it got dark. Pictures tomorrow !

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
An Update if anyone's interested, I wouldn't be :giggle: fitted the splitter and spacers, and I actually curbed the wheels today parking in one of those (barley enough space to get round) car parks. The size, girth and wheelbase of this thing leads you into a full sense of security. Not heard that nasty grinding noise as £100 quids worth in wheel refurb work passes you by !!

Last edited:

M4rkM

Test Pilot
Drives
M4 ZCP
Actually quite nice and a bit different, I’d love something like this to waft about in especially at this time of year

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Actually quite nice and a bit different, I’d love something like this to waft about in especially at this time of year

Thanks for the kind comments, it is nice to waft around in, however, its just a bit silly, 20 mpg in a car that can't carry much shopping or rear passengers very well, and does not know what its supposed to be !

It did manage to get some Fire wood home in style today though !!