Audi, Mercedes, Porsche, BMW Forum

Welcome to Deutschespeed.com the newly launched community for German Performance car lovers. The site is in it's launch phase at the moment and so content and membership is small (but growing). Soon we'll have competition prizes and and a live ad campaign to help build the community. If you'd like to be apart of what's going on, sign up and join in!

Imola Vs Rosso

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
I always thought Imola red was a nice bright red in the sun until you put it next to Rosso. In the pictures it looks not so deep and a bit orangey (bit of pub ammo Ferrari developed the color Scuderia Red for racing as on screen and in pictures it looked like Rosso should) but Rosso is such a beautiful Red.

Burnsey

Chief Engineer
Drives
2023 G80 M3 Competition X-Drive
You know you're a geek when you start a thread on different shades of red 🤣

Absolutely no doubt Rosso is 'the red' and parked together, shows how sublime that car is. The one on the right could be the same colour as a dog turd and would outshine anything parked next to it!

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
You know you're a geek when you start a thread on different shades of red 🤣

Absolutely no doubt Rosso is 'the red' and parked together, shows how sublime that car is. The one on the right could be the same colour as a dog turd and would outshine anything parked next to it!
Cheers mate, I am a car geek for sure.

This place needs some more content as well, for the last week its been a bit tumble weedy !

Burnsey

Chief Engineer
Drives
Cheers mate, I am a car geek for sure.

This place needs some more content as well, for the last week its been a bit tumble weedy !

The last year has been weird and I don't think we will all go back to normal overnight.

The internet went mad, with many more at home and we saw forum chat grow massively, including many online fights probably due to lockdown :LOL:

Even now, the busiest threads on most forums are ones with the loonatics discussing (read arguing) everything Covid and some of those people I am just so pleased not to interact with, whatever super duper car they have.

Forums are a little quieter now because (I think) there's not much else to talk about and with car prices a bit bonkers, not that many changing I think. I have cracking offers for the M5, but can't find a replacement and it is probably too much time in front of the laptop pushing the idea.

Plus the weather and with the kids summer holidays now here, so many people will get away and close their laptops and iPads for a bit.

Last edited:

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
The last year has been weird and I don't think we will all go back to normal overnight.

The internet went mad, with many more at home and we saw forum chat grow massively, including many online fights probably due to lockdown :LOL:

Forums are a little quieter now because (I think) there's not much else to talk about and with car prices a bit bonkers, not that many changing I think. I have cracking offers for the M5, but can't find a replacement and it is probably too much time in front of the laptop pushing the idea.

Plus the weather and with the kids summer holidays now here, so many people will get away and close their laptops and iPads for a bit.
Think your right, but there does not seem to many new members joining up as well.

Back to cars! You probably need to make a decision to stick or twist on the M5 soon, cars are so high in value at the moment and no doubt you will get a healthy return on it, but I'd be amazed if they keep high for much longer, starting to see more cars for sale now (most seem to be silly prices from dealers for the cars they have been hoovering up for the last year with 5k to 10k added) Your problem is: What car do you get, that's going to replace a very difficult car to replace !!

Burnsey

Chief Engineer
Drives
Think your right, but there does not seem to many new members joining up as well.

Back to cars! You probably need to make a decision to stick or twist on the M5 soon, cars are so high in value at the moment and no doubt you will get a healthy return on it, but I'd be amazed if they keep high for much longer, starting to see more cars for sale now (most seem to be silly prices from dealers for the cars they have been hoovering up for the last year with 5k to 10k added) Your problem is: What car do you get, that's going to replace a very difficult car to replace !!

I know mate, I am fannying about.

The problem is, am I changing for changings sake?

I nearly bought a five grand eMTB last night - five grand because there is nothing on the telly FFS!

Car changes cost money. I add this and add that - you know (!±) - then sell it blah blah. I'm not letting the market decide if I should swap either. If IO get £x or £y, it will be the same for the one I buy. Just need to decide - or not...

As for new members - probably need the owners to do some promotion, as I've niot seen it anywhere and we can't discuss/invite people from other forums, as theose owners get ratty.

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
I know mate, I am fannying about.

The problem is, am I changing for changings sake?

I nearly bought a five grand eMTB last night - five grand because there is nothing on the telly FFS!

Car changes cost money. I add this and add that - you know (!±) - then sell it blah blah. I'm not letting the market decide if I should swap either. If IO get £x or £y, it will be the same for the one I buy. Just need to decide - or not...

As for new members - probably need the owners to do some promotion, as I've niot seen it anywhere and we can't discuss/invite people from other forums, as theose owners get ratty.
Those eMTB's when "chipped" are a lot of fun though. A mate has one, no peddling and does 30+ mph, its a riot, its basically a quiet 50cc Trail bike and no helmet needed !!

treble20

Tyre Kicker
Drives
E46 M3 Vert
Even now, the busiest threads on most forums are ones with the loonatics discussing (read arguing) everything Covid and some of those people I am just so pleased not to interact with, whatever super duper car they have.

This is why it's nice to be on here and get away from all that s*** - sick to the back teeth of it all, as I'm sure most are. I may not post much here, but I'm always having a read. Hopefully things will pick up with the forum after the school hols, etc. I'll go back to posting some more pics of my cat now.....🐱🍻

Burnsey

Chief Engineer
Drives
Those eMTB's when "chipped" are a lot of fun though. A mate has one, no peddling and does 30+ mph, its a riot, its basically a quiet 50cc Trail bike and no helmet needed !!
Bought it and it matches the M5 so I’ll have to keep it 😆

F8AA30F2-134A-41C1-8BA8-616FBD2947BE.jpeg

Burnsey

Chief Engineer
Drives
Awesome, is it a Nukeproof Mega?

I'm still on my own power, and its not fun going up the hills in this weather !!
Yes mate, middle one with bigger battery that the base, but it really boiled down to which shade of grey - the cheaper one is Porsche crayon esk and preferred the dark with traditional NukeProof yellow livery yellow pedals too!

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Yes mate, middle one with bigger battery that the base, but it really boiled down to which shade of grey - the cheaper one is Porsche crayon esk and preferred the dark with traditional NukeProof yellow livery yellow pedals too!

Cool bike, you will have a lot of fun on that, have you looked into chipping it, I know its illegal but the go is a whole different level?

High end "push" bikes are all about weight, but with the E-Bikes its not so important now (y)

Burnsey

Chief Engineer
Drives
Cool bike, you will have a lot of fun on that, have you looked into chipping it, I know its illegal but the go is a whole different level?

High end "push" bikes are all about weight, but with the E-Bikes its not so important now (y)
It's a heavy bugger for sure (24kg ish), but as you say, for what I'll be doing, no bother.

Yes, I will be 'running it in' and then will look at 'enhancing' it...

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Audi R8 V10+ • Taycan GTS
Guys trust me. Investment is being made. It takes a long time with forums. Content breeds members. I’m spending a grand a month of my own money on an SEO guy and Facebook ads. Eventually it happens organically but it’s still early days in the grand scheme of things.

Last edited: