Audi, Mercedes, Porsche, BMW Forum

Welcome to Deutschespeed.com the newly launched community for German Performance car lovers. The site is in it's launch phase at the moment and so content and membership is small (but growing). Soon we'll have competitions and much more. If you'd like to be apart of what's going on, sign up and join in!

Insurance Renewal Time...

Burnsey

Chief Engineer
Drives
2023 G80 M3 Competition X-Drive
Been with the same insurer since I bought the M5 in September 2019 and renewal fals due next month (I did a car swap part way through), so received the renewal quote a couple of days ago and it's just over a 25% increase.

Rang them, got fifty quid off, but I picked up an SP30 recently and seems that is the issue.

Done the compare sites etc and unless I want a black box fitted :ROFLMAO: most are in the same price range.

All bollocks, complete bollocks.

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Been with the same insurer since I bought the M5 in September 2019 and renewal fals due next month (I did a car swap part way through), so received the renewal quote a couple of days ago and it's just over a 25% increase.

Rang them, got fifty quid off, but I picked up an SP30 recently and seems that is the issue.

Done the compare sites etc and unless I want a black box fitted :ROFLMAO: most are in the same price range.

All bollocks, complete bollocks.

Did you do Compare and Meercat, 25% hike for an SP30 is a bit much, and its like they don't trust you anymore and need a "Ride on time" fitted...

Burnsey

Chief Engineer
Drives
Did you do Compare and Meercat, 25% hike for an SP30 is a bit much, and its like they don't trust you anymore and need a "Ride on time" fitted...
Only one had the box mate, which was the cheapest. It's not just the SP30, but does matter.

Did 3 comparison sites and there are some cheaper, but not sure if I would risk a claim with unknowns, so just taking the easy way out for a couple of ton I would save I think.

Paddy1975

Chief Engineer
Drives
BMW 3 Series
IF un modded mate try Direct line they are not on comparison sites and saved me a few quid last year, added a tuning box and a few other things to the BMW this year and they wouldn't touch it so now with A Plan and they covered every mod and came in around £100 + so not to worried about a slight increase. Deffo worth the digging around to save a few notes

Burnsey

Chief Engineer
Drives
IF un modded mate try Direct line they are not on comparison sites and saved me a few quid last year, added a tuning box and a few other things to the BMW this year and they wouldn't touch it so now with A Plan and they covered every mod and came in around £100 + so not to worried about a slight increase. Deffo worth the digging around to save a few notes

Thanks.

Direct Line were dearer even with existing customer discount and no mention of a mod, so they're out.

I will call A-Plan.

The thing is, I get insurance because I have to, not want to and have GAP, so suppose they can be a bit shit in reality.

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Thanks.

Direct Line were dearer even with existing customer discount and no mention of a mod, so they're out.

I will call A-Plan.

The thing is, I get insurance because I have to, not want to and have GAP, so suppose they can be a bit shit in reality.

A lot of people use Adrian Flux. They are apparently cheap if you have Mods.

StuartK

Chief Engineer
Currently my renewal is DOUBLE what the M5 was and M4 on a Renault Megane Sport.

Morons.

Senna11

Racing Driver
NFU were competitive last year for me but they hiked it quite a bit this year. Not on comparison sites. Plus they automatically insure ammunition.

Burnsey

Chief Engineer
Drives
Just to bring this to a close, I got a haggle with the current insurer, but still dear, so tried a few comparison sites to no real avail unless I want to use Bodgit and Scarper, so I called A-Plan following a recommend on here (cheers paddy!).

End result is a £100 increase, with mods and all the same benefits as previous. They had to work hard and ask for help in producing comparison screenshots etc, but got there in the end.

A broker is my preferred insurance method, as it is another person in the chain to assist in case of a claim, but often I find them somewhat lacking. I now have the house, bike and car with brokers, so although my insurer may change, my broker shouldn't and as other things come to expiry, I will try each of them and maybe one day get down to just one.

Anyway, that is that for another year, or until I swap for an new AWD M3, but that is another docussion altogether!