Audi, Mercedes, Porsche, BMW Forum

Welcome to Deutschespeed.com the newly launched community for German Performance car lovers. The site is in it's launch phase at the moment and so content and membership is small (but growing). Soon we'll have competition prizes and and a live ad campaign to help build the community. If you'd like to be apart of what's going on, sign up and join in!

Is there an F1 thread?

Broncho

Test Pilot
Drives
E Class Cabrio
Ferrari though! That looks like some car.

Although I’m blown away by Magnussen and Haas! As we all know early days aren’t necessarily a picture of the season form especially after huge rule changes but Guenther must be a happy man!

:)

Ennoch

Boy Racer
Drives
BMW F31 335D
It's great to see the Ferrari team back up there, and Bottas too. I'm no massive Hamilton fan but I'm looking forward to seeing how he gets on in a car that clearly isn't the class of the field and from a position he's not used to. He's a talented driver so it could be exciting if he's having to dice about the midfield (and as of yet we have no comparator for how each of the cars start relative to each other!). It'll be interesting to see how Mick does in a decent car this year too, he'll certainly have more to learn from with Magnussen opposite him in the garage rather than Mazepin.

Tengocity

Test Pilot
Drives
Cayman 981 GT4, Cayman 987 S, BMW 340i tourer, BMW X3 M40i
If a Brit isn’t going to win then couldn’t be happier to see Le Clerc win. Seeing Red Bull have a nightmare is also very enjoyable! And what a whingy panic merchant Max is.

Tengocity

Test Pilot
Drives
And the new regulations certainly seemed to help with close racing. Any car that was genuinely faster than another generally seemed able to be able to make a move. The drivers also seemed to have to work a bit harder in these cars, and that makes it a bit easier to appreciate the skill.

Ennoch

Boy Racer
Drives
BMW F31 335D
Bugger :( Glad to see the red cars up there but a shame to see Max retiring. Shame to see the sanctimonious god-botherer inheriting the last step too.

Tengocity

Test Pilot
Drives
Bugger :( Glad to see the red cars up there but a shame to see Max retiring. Shame to see the sanctimonious god-botherer inheriting the last step too.
oh contraire... It was brilliant to hear the whingy little panic merchant throw his toys out of the pram!

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Bmw m340
Does that mean Ferrari are back ?
Looks like it. They have been threatening for the last couple of years so and I imagine they threw everything at this season. Great to see a big shake up and a more level playing field. They just need to bring back the screaming V10s and all good!

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Looks like it. They have been threatening for the last couple of years so and I imagine they threw everything at this season. Great to see a big shake up and a more level playing field. They just need to bring back the screaming V10s and all good!
That's great news, I may well watch it, Just got a bit fed up with mostly fastest car wins and same front runners!

DaveA

Boy Racer
Drives
BMW M135i xDrive
I thought it was OK and was interested to see the new cars and how the pecking order was sorting itself out after the changes...

Have to say that, overall, I did not think the racing was any much better or worse than it was before... still pretty tactical and pit stop strategy had a big impact still... and, well, from a distance, the cars do not look massively different because they are similar size/proportions... I felt the drama at the end tended to pep up what might have been a fairly dull affair...

The Verstappen/Leclerc battle... I would be interested to hear their thoughts on how different that might have been with last years aero... did it help Verstappen get closer out of the last turn, for instance... did it help Leclerc follow closer through turns 1 and 2 to repass...???

Happy for Alfa Romeo and Haas... Four drivers who are going to do OK, I think... The new Chinese driver was pretty much on it for a debut, and comes over well in interview...

Would not want to be in the design team offices at Aston or McLaren today...

As an aside... I watched the Indycar race from Texas, after, and, on a track that is supposedly impossible to pass at, there were something like 250/300 passes... and a last corner winner... Plenty of racing and good stories through the field... (Jimmie Johnson finishing 6th was a great result and going to be interesting to see him in the 500 in May)...

isleaiw

Test Pilot
Drives
RS4 / Mini

The weekend was good but seeing Max pack up and Perez spin / retire giving Lewis the last podium place was still amongst the highlights.

Lets hope that happens every race for Max...