Audi, Mercedes, Porsche, BMW Forum

Welcome to Deutschespeed.com the newly launched community for German Performance car lovers. The site is in it's launch phase at the moment and so content and membership is small (but growing). Soon we'll have competition prizes and and a live ad campaign to help build the community. If you'd like to be apart of what's going on, sign up and join in!

Is This Even Still British? - Aston Martin DBX

Burnsey

Chief Engineer
Drives
2023 G80 M3 Competition X-Drive
Business partner collected this yesterday and not seen one spoken about before on here, so thought I’d share.

Great value (can we say that?!) as the guy who bought had it for two weeks and brought it back in swap for a RR, so couple of hundred miles on a 70 plate. Unsure why he didn’t bond, but salesmen wouldn’t have told him anyway :censored:

Does look well with the ‘black’ pack.

He’s not local, but getting with him tomorrow , so will take some real pics and share my own thoughts.

If it's not British, please move to the correct section 😂

1C88B14E-E773-4174-B7EC-6186018A7FC1.jpeg

Last edited:

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
It’s the first one I have seen, so probably need a few more pictures, so look forward to them,

Burnsey

Chief Engineer
Drives
It’s the first one I have seen, so probably need a few more pictures, so look forward to them,

And me. He told me after he’d bought it and I had to Google it.

Pop some more up over the weekend.

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Audi R8 V10+ • Taycan GTS
Heard about this but not looked into it. I thought it was a Porsche Macan-sized thing. Certainly looks the part from the front.

Burnsey

Chief Engineer
Drives
Heard about this but not looked into it. I thought it was a Porsche Macan-sized thing. Certainly looks the part from the front.

It's not massive to be honest.

Looks like it's got its towing eye out ?

That was pre-prep, but today I was admiring the vent adjuster when it came off in my hand, so build quaility is yet to be confirmed as good or bad!

Apologies, I was with the car an hour or two today, but it was filthy and didn't really have time for decent shots. I did get a couple, but they're dire, so will follow up next time.

Copper coloured calipers are sexy - internal stitching matches!

The car looks well, but I'm not sure. Sounds fantastic and some excellent tech. I followed it for 20 miles or so and it can move. It turned a LOT of heads.

This is a nice touch on the front wings...

Unknown-2.jpeg

Burnsey

Chief Engineer
Drives
Just following up and unfortunately, the photos I would have liked to post won't be for a while. Exit slip road, two lanes, stationary and the van decided not to brake and went into the back end at 50mph a few days into ownership.

Car recovered and straight to the workshop, so no pics but surprisingly not 'too' bad. He's gutted!Unknown 2.jpeg

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Bloody hell, that's some bad luck, hope he is OK ? Gutted or not and as nice as it is, its just a car really (y)

Burnsey

Chief Engineer
Drives
Bloody hell, that's some bad luck, hope he is OK ? Gutted or not and as nice as it is, its just a car really (y)
He saw it coming, but couldn't do anything in time. But as you say, he's fine and just the pain of insurance and spare body panel availability!

StuartK

Chief Engineer
Have to say if the write it off consider it a lucky escape.

A chap drinks in our pub that works for AM and he’s dumbfounded by the “regulars” who buy them. He said to me the build quality is abysmal. The amount of hand backs and complaints they get is phenomenal but AM just shrug it off. Funnily enough he drives a Ferrari and an Audi lol!

Crap luck for your partner though :(

Schmeel

Test Pilot
Drives
997 Hartech
Love these!

Romans is not far from me, circa 30 mins. They always have some epic motors in stock.

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Audi R8 V10+ • Taycan GTS
What a nightmare. Bad enough for that to happen anytime but not long after getting a new car is really gutting.