Audi, Mercedes, Porsche, BMW Forum

Welcome to Deutschespeed.com the newly launched community for German Performance car lovers. The site is in it's launch phase at the moment and so content and membership is small (but growing). Soon we'll have competition prizes and and a live ad campaign to help build the community. If you'd like to be apart of what's going on, sign up and join in!

Looking at Taycans…

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Audi R8 V10+ • Taycan GTS
Great choice and the Porsche buying experience is second to none IMO. IF it was me i would go Carmine it is such a lovely shade of red.

Denso

Yep that’s the direction I’m heading in I think. Never owned a red car in my life!

EvilDrPorkChop

Test Pilot
Drives
Porsche Cayman
Yep that’s the direction I’m heading in I think. Never owned a red car in my life!
Every red car i've owned has been run in!

Is Guards Red an option? Never as keen on Carmine

Crayon is nice, and you don't see many. But i'm not sure it's a colour I could bring myself to order.

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Every red car i've owned has been run in!

Is Guards Red an option? Never as keen on Carmine

Crayon is nice, and you don't see many. But i'm not sure it's a colour I could bring myself to order.

Colour options are quite limited on the Taycan range and many of them are quite muted.

unless you tick the “paint to sample” box which costs £6500!

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
It's a bit of an odd one, you need to be careful. It looks very different in person, and on different cars. There's a mix in the Club, and I'd definitely say Carmine doesn't look like the bottom picture!

Depends on the light I suppose. They had a couple of Carmine Red cars in the dealership and it’s the signature colour for the GTS as well. After watching a few vids I’ve decided that’s what I’m going for.

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Checked with the accountant and placed our deposits today. No experience of purchasing a car through a business so I guess it all depends on Porsche finance now. If it does go through then the current lead time is 12-18 months on factory orders!

Last edited:

Senna11

Racing Driver
Checked with the accountant and placed our deposits today. No experience of purchasing a car through a business so I guess it all depends on Porsche finance now. If it does go through then the current lead time is 12-18 months on factory orders!
That’s a long wait period!

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
That’s a long wait period!

Thanks to Ukrainian wiring looms apparently. Suits me as it’ll replace the M5 and I’ve not had it very long so I’m thinking that I’ll be due to change by the time the Taycan arrives.

SS13

Test Pilot
Drives
Porsche 930 turbo
Did you see what I meant regarding the size of the Cross Turisimo?

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Did you see what I meant regarding the size of the Cross Turisimo?

I never looked at it. I looked at the Sport Tourismo, its the same body I suppose. Personally, it didn't strike me as being overly big. It's about RS6 size in my eyes. The Estate body is on an even longer waiting list and I didn't like it enough to wait longer and pay extra for it. I do really like it from some angles and I may end up changing my mind but its the saloon for me at the moment I think.