Audi, Mercedes, Porsche, BMW Forum

Welcome to Deutschespeed.com the newly launched community for German Performance car lovers. The site is in it's launch phase at the moment and so content and membership is small (but growing). Soon we'll have competition prizes and and a live ad campaign to help build the community. If you'd like to be apart of what's going on, sign up and join in!

Looking at Taycans…

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Audi R8 V10+ • Taycan GTS
With the current company car benefits on EVs along with the tax write-off for limited companies, we’re seriously considering a couple of Taycans as company cars.

Essentially I’d be getting one on lease for free in comparison to paying HP on the M5 so it starts to become a pretty compelling argument.

The Porsche configurator is an absolute joke. I’ve never seen such a complex options list I’m my life and I think the only way to approach it is to set a budget for options and stick to it.

Anyway. I’ve not even driven one let alone any EV. Was wondering if anyone had any experience of them?

Mist likely be 4S or GTS spec and we’re off to a dealer to have a look and have a drive next month.

Current lead time is 12 months for a factory order so it’ll be a while yet.

I can’t really see any other EVs that are comparable other then it’s Audi E-Tron GT stablemate and the Porsche is the more attractive option I feel.

saltyamigo

Tyre Kicker
Drives
S Box.
As you say most direct competitor is Audi GT as they share many components but agree the Porsche would be more attractive to purchase., Considering the price of EV's the Porsche looks decent value until you realise it looks pretty crap in base spec and start ticking option boxes then it rapidy becomes a 6 figure car whereas the Audi is well specced as standard and only has a couple of packs to chose from, with the top pack it's just over £90K. Would think lead times would be similar. Richard Symons has had both and has several videos about them on his Youtube channel RSymons RSEV, worth a look if your interested, he gives fair reviews.

EvilDrPorkChop

Test Pilot
Drives
Porsche Cayman
Everyone in the Porsche Club that drives them loves them. I've been a passenger in one, and the experience is much more better than a Tesla. It's very Porsche. On the Turismo I think they have a issue with the Pan roofs cracking due to flex in the body and it being one sheet of glass.

Tbh if it was me I'd hold out for the electric Macan. They really are a cracking car, and what I hear from the techs at my OPC the new one will be no different.

They say a minimum of 15% of the value of the car in options usually. Tbh I love it, no two cars are the same and you can actually pick what you want rather than these stupid packs all the manufactures do these days.

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
As you say most direct competitor is Audi GT as they share many components but agree the Porsche would be more attractive to purchase., Considering the price of EV's the Porsche looks decent value until you realise it looks pretty crap in base spec and start ticking option boxes then it rapidy becomes a 6 figure car whereas the Audi is well specced as standard and only has a couple of packs to chose from, with the top pack it's just over £90K. Would think lead times would be similar. Richard Symons has had both and has several videos about them on his Youtube channel RSymons RSEV, worth a look if your interested, he gives fair reviews.

I’ll have a look at that. Thanks.

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Everyone in the Porsche Club that drives them loves them. I've been a passenger in one, and the experience is much more better than a Tesla. It's very Porsche. On the Turismo I think they have a issue with the Pan roofs cracking due to flex in the body and it being one sheet of glass.

Tbh if it was me I'd hold out for the electric Macan. They really are a cracking car, and what I hear from the techs at my OPC the new one will be no different.

They say a minimum of 15% of the value of the car in options usually. Tbh I love it, no two cars are the same and you can actually pick what you want rather than these stupid packs all the manufactures do these days.

The Macan is a nice enough car but I’m really not interested in an SUV. I’d much rather have something sportier. Especially if it’s replacing the M5.

We’re booked into the dealer on the 22nd to go for test drives and get a bit of help with the spec. but so far Im leaning towards the GTS Sport Tourismo.

Don’t really have a full idea of monthlies so may change. Interestingly the lady at Porsche is keen for us to look at Business PCP rather than Business Contact Hire. I never knew such a thing existed.

EB6EBDA3-62D3-4973-89FE-BC09500E1C28.jpegD4A81627-100B-43C4-ADC0-6B2A64D2A147.jpegAE95DC56-3B94-4044-8E6B-7F8C2F56AEC5.jpeg

EvilDrPorkChop

Test Pilot
Drives
Porsche Cayman
The Macan is a nice enough car but I’m really not interested in an SUV. I’d much rather have something sportier. Especially if it’s replacing the M5.

We’re booked into the dealer on the 22nd to go for test drives and get a bit of help with the spec. but so far Im leaning towards the GTS Sport Tourismo.

Don’t really have a full idea of monthlies so may change. Interestingly the lady at Porsche is keen for us to look at Business PCP rather than Business Contact Hire. I never knew such a thing existed.

View attachment 2315View attachment 2316View attachment 2317
Very nice. Wouldn't have a clue with the monthlies, but expect no discount or very little.

They probably want you on PCP as that gives you a good reason to go into another one, either half way through or at the end. Once you're on the Porsche cycle you don't get off.

Tbh once you've had one I don't think you'll ever want anything else again!

The only thing i'm not keen on the Taycans are them massive cup holders. Not sure what they were thinking there.

EvilDrPorkChop

Test Pilot
Drives
Porsche Cayman

You'd be surprised. I had a 911 struggling to keep up with me, they are cracking.

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
You'd be surprised. I had a 911 struggling to keep up with me, they are cracking.

It’s not the performance it’s just the car type. Small SUVs don’t really do anything for me and we’ve already got a RRS in the house so I wouldn’t want to go for a big one either.

Agree on the cup holders. From memory the Panamera is similar. Looks weird!

SS13

Test Pilot
Drives
Porsche 930 turbo

View attachment 2315View attachment 2316View attachment 2317
I good neighbour has just got one of these.
The dealer offered him £20k over his purchase price to take it back in on the day of his collection.
The quality and drive are fantastic however, it’s fooking HUGE.

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
I good neighbour has just got one of these.
The dealer offered him £20k over his purchase price to take it back in on the day of his collection.
The quality and drive are fantastic however, it’s fooking HUGE.

Cant be bigger than the M5 surely?
£20k over purchase??? Wow. I’d have taken that deal!

Senna11

Racing Driver
Theoretically you can write off a percentage of the purchase price for the EV and still claim mileage for another car through the company if you happen to need an ICE for some reason.

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Went into Porsche Glasgow today and I have to say it was a tremendous experience. We were in for around 4 hours. Test drove a basic Taycan rear wheel drive and ordered two GTS’s.

When you take the haggling out of the occasion and look at the residuals, you see that it’s not as expensive as you think it might be.

Overall it was different gravy compared to ordering an Audi or BMW and the Taycan felt like a petrol car.

Last edited:

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Can’t believe the options list on Porsche nor the prices

Bananas. That’s why it was good to sit down with someone in the centre to go through things. Some of the options end up not costing anything due to the impact on the residual price.

I’m a bit torn between Crayon and Carmine red.

96592467-E365-40C0-8AD5-D2855B0DB686.jpeg

Denso

Chief Engineer
Drives
E46 M3 Ruby 1 of 6, Audi TTRS Vorsprung
Great choice and the Porsche buying experience is second to none IMO. IF it was me i would go Carmine it is such a lovely shade of red.

Denso