Audi, Mercedes, Porsche, BMW Forum

Welcome to Deutschespeed.com the newly launched community for German Performance car lovers. The site is in it's launch phase at the moment and so content and membership is small (but growing). Soon we'll have competition prizes and and a live ad campaign to help build the community. If you'd like to be apart of what's going on, sign up and join in!

Build M4rkMs 2017 F82 M4 ZCP

Doing a build thread? Highlight it!

M4rkM

Test Pilot
Drives
M4 ZCP
Well after 3.5 years and in no particular hurry to sell and move on, the M4 left me tonight without being advertised 🥲
I’m not sure I’ve done the right thing but I needed change and have been thinking about a manual box again.
D1269C17-AC55-4508-BA01-F3AF41A6C288.jpeg

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Well after 3.5 years and in no particular hurry to sell and move on, the M4 left me tonight without being advertised 🥲
I’m not sure I’ve done the right thing but I needed change and have been thinking about a manual box again.
View attachment 1480
That was a very nice M4, however interested to know what car you are thinking of next?

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Audi R8 V10+ • Taycan GTS
Was a cracking example. What were the circumstances of the sale then? Did someone pop along with an offer you couldn't refuse?

M4rkM

Test Pilot
Drives
M4 ZCP
That was a very nice M4, however interested to know what car you are thinking of next?

Well everyone else I’ve told has called me mental, but I’m picking up a Race red manual V8 Mustang on Friday
84DDAE77-F794-45BB-9161-D95F3C8DCAB7.jpeg

Was a cracking example. What were the circumstances of the sale then? Did someone pop along with an offer you couldn't refuse?

I mentioned on a local forum I’m on that I was thinking of something else, guy pm’d me, bought the car and a lot of bits, still a lot I’ve taken off to sell, whirlwind! I still don’t know if I’ve done the right thing tbh but we need to try new things :)

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Well everyone else I’ve told has called me mental, but I’m picking up a Race red manual V8 Mustang on Friday
View attachment 1481

I mentioned on a local forum I’m on that I was thinking of something else, guy pm’d me, bought the car and a lot of bits, still a lot I’ve taken off to sell, whirlwind! I still don’t know if I’ve done the right thing tbh but we need to try new things :)

That's a nice Stang, and with some mods they look great. Quite fancy a Yellow myself.

I was never a fan of the M4, lovely looking car, but it had lost a lot of Character compared to the Previous V8 model. It felt to much Turbo comfortable GT cruiser to me, and made an awful noise. I did not have mine long, and the only one I would consider again is a CS, they drive better than the sum of there parts, but still sound shite!

I think the Stang will be a disappointment in terms of quality, interior, performance, and well everything really except the noise! but its nice to try new things.

Last edited:

M4rkM

Test Pilot
Drives
M4 ZCP
That's a nice Stang, and with some mods they look great. Quite fancy a Yellow myself.

I was never a fan of the M4, lovely looking car, but it had lost a lot of Character compared to the Previous V8 model. It felt to much Turbo comfortable GT cruiser to me, and made an awful noise. I did not have mine long, and the only one I would consider again is a CS, they drive better than the sum of there parts, but still sound shite!

I think the Stang will be a disappointment in terms of quality, interior, performance, and well everything really except the noise! but its nice to try new things.

It’s certainly a different experience, it’s certainly not that far behind the M4 performance wise once on the move, it does feel heavier but I’ll be changing the suspension and modding it a fair bit. It’s got a better front end on it that I ever thought possible. It was lovely to be out in a manual again. Interior isn’t as nice but once I have the steering wheel done and the horrible silver dash panels and centre console covered in alcantara it’ll be a lovely place to be imo Ford actually sell a supercharger kit that makes 670hp :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: I think I’ll have fun with it :)

£155 road tax too!

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
It’s certainly a different experience, it’s certainly not that far behind the M4 performance wise once on the move, it does feel heavier but I’ll be changing the suspension and modding it a fair bit. It’s got a better front end on it that I ever thought possible. It was lovely to be out in a manual again. Interior isn’t as nice but once I have the steering wheel done and the dash and centre console covered in alcantara it’ll be a lovely place to be imo Ford actually sell a supercharger kit that makes 670hp :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: I think I’ll have fun with it :)

That's a very positive outlook. I think modding a car is half the fun!

M4rkM

Test Pilot
Drives
M4 ZCP
That's a very positive outlook. I think modding a car is half the fun!

Completely, there was one that was ‘finished’ but at least half the fun is messing with it lol
However I may still be mental, time will tell!

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Audi R8 V10+ • Taycan GTS
View attachment 1481

I think a lot of folk tend to judge a persons car purchase as if its the last car they'll ever own, when in fact it's good to try different brands and models across the years to see what you like. I've long been a fan of the new mustang. Look forward to seeing your updates, thoughts and mods!

Che

Test Pilot
Drives
R8 v10+
Congrats! I do love a v8 mustang!
I had the same feeling when I sold my m4, sometimes still do miss it but there no replacement for displacement as they say.
Look forward to seeing the mods 👍