Audi, Mercedes, Porsche, BMW Forum

Welcome to Deutschespeed.com the newly launched community for German Performance car lovers. The site is in it's launch phase at the moment and so content and membership is small (but growing). Soon we'll have competition prizes and and a live ad campaign to help build the community. If you'd like to be apart of what's going on, sign up and join in!

Mercedes C63 AMG Coupe W204 ??

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Does anyone on here know anything about these. Can't make head or tale of whats the best one to buy other than the 507 Edition, sadly for the miles I want, they are more than I want to pay, so that one is out!

I would like to know:
  • desirable options as they all seem very well specced and similar?
  • Is the factory Performance pack and LSD the holy grail after the 507?
  • What difference is the 125 Edition
I know @StuartK likes these, but thanks in advance for any help (y)

Denso

Chief Engineer
Drives
E46 M3 Ruby 1 of 6, Audi TTRS Vorsprung
Saw this, might be useful?

Denso

StuartK

Chief Engineer
Does anyone on here know anything about these. Can't make head or tale of whats the best one to buy other than the 507 Edition, sadly for the miles I want, they are more than I want to pay, so that one is out!

I would like to know:
  • desirable options as they all seem very well specced and similar?
  • Is the factory Performance pack and LSD the holy grail after the 507?
  • What difference is the 125 Edition
I know @StuartK likes these, but thanks in advance for any help (y)
I just bought a C63 had it tuned by MSL and Quaife diff fitted.

SS13

Test Pilot
Drives
Porsche 930 turbo
I just bought a C63 had it tuned by MSL and Quaife diff fitted.
How does that compare to a factory fitted performance pack in regard to performance and driveability?

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
How does that compare to a factory fitted performance pack in regard to performance and driveability?

I really want a PPP with the ceramic brakes, for what I have read that is the one to have!

Not sure what the 125 version is though?

SS13

Test Pilot
Drives
Porsche 930 turbo
I really want a PPP with the ceramic brakes, for what I have read that is the one to have!

Not sure what the 125 version is though?
Not so sure about ccbs but as far as I’m m aware, the ppp is the one to have too. If you can’t bag a 125 or a 507.

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Not so sure about ccbs but as far as I’m m aware, the ppp is the one to have too. If you can’t bag a 125 or a 507.
A 125 is a base model with a few extras for what I can see. Nothing special and not that desirable. Happy to be told different. The Performance Pack Plus (2012 onwards) had the SLS engine, more poke @480bhp, LSD Diff, and composite brakes, was a 9K option I believe!

I'd like a PPP car first or a well specced 125. Just need to find a minter with low miles!

StuartK

Chief Engineer
I can’t remember exact figures but I was knocking on the door of 560hp when I went on the dyno at Evolve from memory.

I had stage 2 with decat.

The quaife LSD was a go to mod at the time and was night and day to standard for handling.

To this day I’ve not owned a car with more raw grunt and feel good factor. The lump in these is just a masterpiece.

It’s the only car I’ve had “off the clock” and to give you an idea the clock stops at 200mph. It reached there with relative ease. Such a strong engine.

As they say “there’s no replacement for displacement”.

Senna11

Racing Driver
Definitely needs LSD and potential oil cooling issues. Wide rear arch kit as per black series just makes it look spot on. Supercharger for bragging rights.

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Just en route to get one of these, so new post coming, if it’s everything I am told it is !

Denso

Chief Engineer
Drives
E46 M3 Ruby 1 of 6, Audi TTRS Vorsprung
Did you buy it?

Denso