Audi, Mercedes, Porsche, BMW Forum

Welcome to Deutschespeed.com the newly launched community for German Performance car lovers. The site is in it's launch phase at the moment and so content and membership is small (but growing). Soon we'll have competition prizes and and a live ad campaign to help build the community. If you'd like to be apart of what's going on, sign up and join in!

MINI JCW or GP2

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
After having a couple of fettled Mini's, I wish I never sold the last one I had, it was a right laugh. I am now looking for a late N18 JCW or a GP2. Has anyone had one or know anything about them, does the GP2 have the improved engine etc..?

Senna11

Racing Driver
Love minis just so much you can do with them and great to drive. Need to start working on the wife’s Cooper S, rear light upgrade planned, brakes next. Trouble is she does not like the JCW seats.

Another thing that irks me is the interior design and I do hate the circular centre display panel.

GP2 is very collectible but my understanding is that it tends to be the same engine in different states of tune and handling upgrades.

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Doing some research it looks like the N18 is the sweet spot.
I went to see a GP2 from a Mini dealer an hour ago but it was a right dog. Good job it was only 12 miles away. Never got to even open a door, the paintwork was so bad down the passenger side, full of filler swirls and sunken repairs!, plus cracked from bumper and door dings, but just unloved as well. I’m beginning to think I have been spoilt with spotless mint cars if this was me been overly fussy according to the owner. Lovely looking little things though.

Senna11

Racing Driver
Latest minis have a terrible front end now, design is terrible on the front bumper