Audi, Mercedes, Porsche, BMW Forum

Welcome to Deutschespeed.com the newly launched community for German Performance car lovers. The site is in it's launch phase at the moment and so content and membership is small (but growing). Soon we'll have competition prizes and and a live ad campaign to help build the community. If you'd like to be apart of what's going on, sign up and join in!

Build Moonestone's Sapphire Black F83 M4

Doing a build thread? Highlight it!

Senna11

Racing Driver
NEW WHEELS ON TODAY

Veemann VC520 20"
Front - 20x9.5 ET25 MPS4S 265/30/20
Rear - 20x10.5 ET30 MPS4S 285/30/20

Could not be happier with these. Photos really don't do them justice. Thanks to @cricmcn for sorting them out for me.

wheels-1.png

wheels-3.png

wheels-back.png

wheels-side.png

IMG-7216.jpg

Couple of other wee bits and pieces on the list and then I think we're done!

DIY BMW WHEEL CAPS

May not be apparent from the wheel photos but the OEM centre-caps don't work well with the new wheels. They poke out a bit. Decided to make my own with some generic caps, sandpaper, spray paint and BMW Gel badges from ebay:

wheelcaps.jpg
They look really good - where did you get the caps and badges from?

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Audi R8 V10+ • Taycan GTS
They look really good - where did you get the caps and badges from?

The caps came with the wheels themselves. The badges were just standard gel-domed numbers from ebay. Nothing special but do the trick.

T5Pilot

Boy Racer
Drives
F82 M4CP & S1000XR
That's a really good write up, enjoyed reading through that. Brave with the headlights but good on you for tackling them. Some really nice additions too.
I think black sapphire & SO interior go so well together. Same combo as mine, so i'm a biased.
Royal recently did my wheel too. I opted for leather & alcantara. Red stitching & red marker. Only after discussing it with Jack, who assured me their red was pretty much the same as SO. And I have to say, it is. Well pleased.

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
That's a really good write up, enjoyed reading through that. Brave with the headlights but good on you for tackling them. Some really nice additions too.
I think black sapphire & SO interior go so well together. Same combo as mine, so i'm a biased.
Royal recently did my wheel too. I opted for leather & alcantara. Red stitching & red marker. Only after discussing it with Jack, who assured me their red was pretty much the same as SO. And I have to say, it is. Well pleased.

I was going to go with red as well at first but couldn't decide and in the end I went with black just to be subtle and I hadn't seen many like that. Headlights were a ballache! I've got the original set still sitting ready for me to mod before I sell them on. Just not gotten around to it yet after the carry on getting the other ones open!

Last edited:

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
I can't believe how good you have made this car look !

Looks so aggressive yet so right.

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
5EEF941F-5368-4D47-BDA4-C23820C091C9.jpeg

These bloody monoliths are popping up everywhere...

Less aggressive PSM style boot spoiler arrived today to replace the high-kick one that come on the car.

14261751-5F31-415D-A6FB-90763BBA0A51.jpeg

T5Pilot

Boy Racer
Drives
F82 M4CP & S1000XR
View attachment 80

These bloody monoliths are popping up everywhere...

Less aggressive PSM style boot spoiler arrived today to replace the high-kick one that come on the car.

View attachment 81
I have to admit, I prefer the look of the 'flatter ones'. The high 'CS' style ones don't do it for me at all. I think it makes the back look a little clumsy. Your new purchase should do the trick nicely (y)

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
I have to admit, I prefer the look of the 'flatter ones'. The high 'CS' style ones don't do it for me at all. I think it makes the back look a little clumsy. Your new purchase should do the trick nicely (y)

I quite like it dead on from the back but from any other angle it's over kill and the curve from boot to top at the front is convex rather than concave shape which just looks too clumsy in my eyes. Only bugger is that it's been bonded on so I might need to get the bootlid resprayed. Depends on how I get on!

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Well it’s off but as suspected it’s been bonded on so will need to get the bootlid repainted. Ive got a bad scratch next to the numberplate anyway so kills too birds with one stone.
Much happier with the new one (test fitted). The rear of the vert needs a spoiler. I really don’t get why they didn’t even do a lip spoiler for it.

68FCE5C3-40A6-4297-A567-FF07EE8DB36D.jpeg

290EC418-EC66-4199-A3E0-AF2A6A5BE178.jpeg

EF2D1D0D-10D3-41AE-88BB-138E81E56E18.jpeg

Last edited:

MrMcG

Boy Racer
Drives
E63 M6
Really enjoyed reading this and what a transformation.

incredible build looking forward to what’s next