Audi, Mercedes, Porsche, BMW Forum

Welcome to Deutschespeed.com the newly launched community for German Performance car lovers. The site is in it's launch phase at the moment and so content and membership is small (but growing). Soon we'll have competition prizes and and a live ad campaign to help build the community. If you'd like to be apart of what's going on, sign up and join in!

Build Moonstones F90 M5

Doing a build thread? Highlight it!

Senna11

Racing Driver
New loom? Assume you checked the connectors first?
Well I don’t want to take the bumper off just to find out I need a new loom as I suspect I drilled through it. Would rather have it to hand as I can always return it.

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Audi R8 V10+ • Taycan GTS
Havent really bothered about the wheels but I've finally decided that I'm going to go for the totally stealthed out look and go gloss black and stick the spacers back on. Car is booked in to get them done next week.

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Nice one!

Do you feel you grab the keys to the TT more?

To be honest, no. The M5 is still the car I drive most of the time but I tend to use the TTS when I just want to go for a drive. The M5 is a brute force, luxury machine and it's surprisingly nimble, bue the TTS is like a wee on-rails go-kart.

Senna11

Racing Driver
Well I don’t want to take the bumper off just to find out I need a new loom as I suspect I drilled through it. Would rather have it to hand as I can always return it.
As I suspected, I had drilled through the wires as it had moved. Also cleaned, wire brushed and sprayed the bumper hangar and refitted. Parking sensors now working again. However broke 2 fixings on the rear arch, so now need to get another part from the breakers

Senna11

Racing Driver
Havent really bothered about the wheels but I've finally decided that I'm going to go for the totally stealthed out look and go gloss black and stick the spacers back on. Car is booked in to get them done next week.
Are these your new wheels or the old ones?

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Now that looks swwwwweeeeeettt!

Good choice!

I'm well chuffed. They didn't actually do these wheels in gloss black when I bought them (they now offer them in a "Platinum Black" finish which is pretty much the same).

They suit this design so much better. What the hell was I thinking with silver??? Cars gone from looking like an executive limo to Satan's own chariot!

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Well @boba fett you ruined those rear spats for me! Well to be fair I thought I could put out with the difference in profile between them and the side skirts but I couldn’t.

My car came with G30 M Performance side blade that had been painted Sapphire black to match the body so going for carbon fibre spats meant I’d need to change the sides as well.

Finally bit the bullet.

093294F5-895E-495D-9392-95948C721024.jpeg15DEE4E0-33DE-4821-81D9-55F1A08E9ECF.jpeg

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
2ACF802C-3621-4BF5-B9F1-F371E1AE1542.jpeg

Fuck.

Managed to smash my display key. I keep meaning to swap my settings to the normal one. £150 for a secondhand replacement from eBay so I’ll swap the screen over. Otherwise it’s £500 plus Labour (coding) from BMW!

Last edited:

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
In other news, inspired by @The Revenant i did the full badge swap. Quite a bit of work involved on the centre caps due to my aftermarket wheels. Had to dismantle the new ones, grind the backs and glue them to another set of centre caps that suit my aftermarket wheels. Jobs a goodun.

E8F9FD38-421D-444A-8AE5-096CDE02654D.jpeg

Burnsey

Chief Engineer
Drives
2023 G80 M3 Competition X-Drive
In other news, inspired by @The Revenant i did the full badge swap. Quite a bit of work involved on the centre caps due to my aftermarket wheels. Had to dismantle the new ones, grind the backs and glue them to another set of centre caps that suit my aftermarket wheels. Jobs a goodun.

I am pleased with mine mate and think they work on darks and blues especially.

I've only done the front and rear, as I paid fortunes for the dechromed wheel centre caps from IND, but the anniversary ones certainly don't look out of place on their own.

Taking the rear valance for the real carbon wrap this week, but expect it to be around 3 weeks until it's finished. A gamble, but we shall see....