Audi, Mercedes, Porsche, BMW Forum

Welcome to Deutschespeed.com the newly launched community for German Performance car lovers. The site is in it's launch phase at the moment and so content and membership is small (but growing). Soon we'll have competition prizes and and a live ad campaign to help build the community. If you'd like to be apart of what's going on, sign up and join in!

Build Moonstones F90 M5

Doing a build thread? Highlight it!

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Audi R8 V10+ • Taycan GTS
Wow and wow again.

phenomenal upgrade

Thanks. I'm well chuffed. You can buy a carbon fibre trim but there's literally no other carbon in the car (apart from the shifters) so I do think the gloss black is much better.

SS13

Test Pilot
Drives
Porsche 930 turbo
I think it sits more at home with gloss black anyway.

I always struggle with the integrity of putting ultra light weight strong materials as ‘trim’ in cars not put together with lightweight in mind.
I don’t do justforshow.

Your M5 looks spot on.

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Thanks mate. I have to admit, I’m tempted to get the inner bits done darker. Might end up doing it later.

I think the wheels are crying out for that in my opinion, or maybe all gunmetal.

Its a stunning M5 though, love the interior.

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
I think the wheels are crying out for that in my opinion, or maybe all gunmetal.

Its a stunning M5 though, love the interior.

Ill have a play around on photo shop. I’m tempted to do them black and diamond cut just like the Competiton alloys. The inner section is already a slight darker colour but the contrast could be better.

3D52BA52-3F89-4B09-806F-DA4E678B65CF.jpeg

An inch makes big difference that’s for sure:

B025DEB5-9193-45E7-A76F-634E3408D5CC.jpeg

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Silver always make a wheel look bigger.

What I have found is that Silver wheels look better in pictures and black / gunmetal look better in person.

Not trying to spend your money, but black, Gunmetal or black with half outer diamond cut spokes will make that look mean and the calipers pop!

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
I really like the black!

There would be too much bright work going on for me. I think if I went for black I’d just get them all black rather than the diamond cut look.

That’s another idea I’m leaning towards for this car. I was against it at first but I think it might work well on a big saloon more than it did on my M4.

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
I would probably look into the diamond cutting being further out from the hub, it will give the wheels some depth and still have an OEM look but bigger and more aggressive.

I just blobbed this, so needs a better photoshop job but you get the idea:

Last edited: