DEUTSCHESPEED.com Audi, Mercedes, BMW, Porsche and more

Welcome to Deutschespeed.com the newly launched community for German Performance car lovers. The site is in it's launch phase at the moment and so content and membership is small (but growing). Soon we'll have competition prizes and and a live ad campaign to help build the community. If you'd like to be apart of what's going on, sign up and join in!

Build Moonstones F90 M5

Doing a build thread? Highlight it!

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
I'm not feeling that to be honest. Looks unfinished to me and the curvature of the spoke in real life is quite shallow at that point so I'm sure how practical it would be in terms of getting a finished edge on the diamond cut.

It was just a thought, it is what I would go for, its OEM+ I actually like the standard wheels and they suit the car, they are just not big enough!

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
M5 / TTS
It was just a thought, it is what I would go for, its OEM+ I actually like the standard wheels and they suit the car, they are just not big enough!

I love the competition wheels. The only reason I got rid of them is exactly that. They're not big enough. RS6 is on 22s! Why didn't BMW make the standard wheel at least a 21" and give the car bigger arches??

Last edited:

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
I love the competition wheels. The only reason I got rid of them is exactly that. They're not big enough. RSt6 is on 22s! Why didn't BMW make the standard wheel at least a 21" and give the car bigger arches??

I suppose the whole concept of the M5 (well used to be) was that it was a classy super saloon for business men that could humble a Supercar. In essence the ultimate Q car. Its moved on now and gone all Gangster!

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
M5 / TTS
Very nice., but are they matching, looks like Maxton rears and Carbon sides?

The sides are M Performance for the normal 5 series that have been painted gloss black and the rears are Maxton gloss black.

Feel that they finish the line off a bit better.

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
The sides are M Performance for the normal 5 series that have been painted gloss black and the rears are Maxton gloss black.

Feel that they finish the line off a bit better.
Yes they do, just messing with my OCD a bit as the rears look thicker!

ignore me mate I’m Sick!

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
M5 / TTS
No you’re right. They are a bit thicker but that’s not that much in it.

Last edited:

Senna11

Chief Engineer
Every time I try and change something, piece of trim etc, something breaks. Changed the threat bumper trim on the Disco and now the rear parking sensors won’t work. New loom on order..

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
M5 / TTS
Every time I try and change something, piece of trim etc, something breaks. Changed the threat bumper trim on the Disco and now the rear parking sensors won’t work. New loom on order..

New loom? Assume you checked the connectors first?

Senna11

Chief Engineer
New loom? Assume you checked the connectors first?
Well I don’t want to take the bumper off just to find out I need a new loom as I suspect I drilled through it. Would rather have it to hand as I can always return it.

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
M5 / TTS
Havent really bothered about the wheels but I've finally decided that I'm going to go for the totally stealthed out look and go gloss black and stick the spacers back on. Car is booked in to get them done next week.

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
M5 / TTS
Nice one!

Do you feel you grab the keys to the TT more?

To be honest, no. The M5 is still the car I drive most of the time but I tend to use the TTS when I just want to go for a drive. The M5 is a brute force, luxury machine and it's surprisingly nimble, bue the TTS is like a wee on-rails go-kart.

Senna11

Chief Engineer
Well I don’t want to take the bumper off just to find out I need a new loom as I suspect I drilled through it. Would rather have it to hand as I can always return it.
As I suspected, I had drilled through the wires as it had moved. Also cleaned, wire brushed and sprayed the bumper hangar and refitted. Parking sensors now working again. However broke 2 fixings on the rear arch, so now need to get another part from the breakers

Senna11

Chief Engineer
Havent really bothered about the wheels but I've finally decided that I'm going to go for the totally stealthed out look and go gloss black and stick the spacers back on. Car is booked in to get them done next week.
Are these your new wheels or the old ones?