Audi, Mercedes, Porsche, BMW Forum

Welcome to Deutschespeed.com the newly launched community for German Performance car lovers. The site is in it's launch phase at the moment and so content and membership is small (but growing). Soon we'll have competition prizes and and a live ad campaign to help build the community. If you'd like to be apart of what's going on, sign up and join in!

Build Moonstones F90 M5

Doing a build thread? Highlight it!

Burnsey

Chief Engineer
Drives
2023 G80 M3 Competition X-Drive
Glad you’re happy mate. Fella I know had dealer supply and fit the tail lights, which is what I’d do with all that faff.

You know my opinion though and on a black car, I don’t think they impact as well as lighter colours, but as I always say, we all like different things.

Updating a pretty new car to mirror its upgrade version is not something I want to do. I still think the original is a cracking car and with the numbers on the road, apart from us lot, no one knows it’s had changes.

Against the grain, I don’t like alcantara wheels either :oops::LOL: and don’t see where it fits in to the F90 at all. Plus, OEM is fab.

All looks good mate, but could live without.

I’m waiting for carbon grills to land, although still not sure they’ll look better than black and then my one last decision is the mirror caps.

Well, apart from the rear valance. I bought a spare thinking I would change my body colour one to black as on the Competition, but decided I liked body colour, so it’s sat in the garage for over a year. Chatted to my carbon skin man this week and can get it done for an excellent price and think it could look the nuts, or with a carbon diffuser in the middle, will it all look a bit bland - think I’ll get it done and see. Worst case is it hangs back up in the garage…

Also bought a new dateless plate (helped by @boba fett and they’re made up ready (3D gel again with a short rear), but no paperwork and had to retain the current one and wait for new V5 too.

Oh and I sold the motorbike - busy week!

Last edited:

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Audi R8 V10+ • Taycan GTS
Glad you’re happy mate. Fella I know had dealer supply and fit the tail lights, which is what I’d do with all that faff.

You know my opinion though and on a black car, I don’t think they impact as well as lighter colours, but as I always say, we all like different things.

Updating a pretty new car to mirror its upgrade version is not something I want to do. I still think the original is a cracking car and with the numbers on the road, apart from us lot, no one knows it’s had changes.

Against the grain, I don’t like alcantara wheels either :oops::LOL: and don’t see where it fits in to the F90 at all. Plus, OEM is fab.

All looks good mate, but could live without.

I’m waiting for carbon grills to land, although still not sure they’ll look better than black and then my one last decision is the mirror caps.

Well, apart from the rear valance. I bought a spare thinking I would change my body colour one to black as on the Competition, but decided I liked body colour, so it’s sat in the garage for over a year. Chatted to my carbon skin man this week and can get it done for an excellent price and think it could look the nuts, or with a carbon diffuser in the middle, will it all look a bit bland - think I’ll get it done and see. Worst case is it hangs back up in the garage…

Also bought a new dateless plate (helped by @boba fett and they’re made up ready (3D gel again with a short rear), but no paperwork and had to retain the current one and wait for new V5 too.

Oh and I sold the motorbike - busy week!

It’s the usual story, most of these mods are things that your average man in the street wouldn’t notice but they all add up to well-sorted car.

I’ve got carbon side vents on the way, gear knob repair kit and drivers side door trim coming as well and then I think I’m pretty much done apart from the headlights and seat belts. But those last two are longer term projects that I’m in no hurry to actually do.

Burnsey

Chief Engineer
Drives
It’s the usual story, most of these mods are things that your average man in the street wouldn’t notice but they all add up to well-sorted car.

I’ve got carbon side vents on the way, gear knob repair kit and drivers side door trim coming as well and then I think I’m pretty much done apart from the headlights and seat belts. But those last two are longer term projects that I’m in no hurry to actually do.
100% mate.

Thought you'd tackled the belts?

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
100% mate.

Thought you'd tackled the belts?

I found three on eBay but am still two short and am biding my time till they pop up for sale used. Fitting the rears means taking the parcel shelf out and I just can’t be arsed so the belts will sit in a cupboard till I complete set and am bored enough to swap them.

I’ve got replacement lenses coming for the lights so that if I make a mistake when splitting them I’ve got backups. Those will make a big difference to me but again it’s a big job so not in a hurry to do them.

I quite fancy a carbon rear valance. This is the problem with black, if you want a contrast you either go for a subtle one with carbon bits or you paint stuff a naff colour. It’s why I was toying with wrapping it but again, Ive no desire to go down that route for the moment.

Burnsey

Chief Engineer
Drives
I found three on eBay but am still two short and am biding my time till they pop up for sale used. Fitting the rears means taking the parcel shelf out and I just can’t be arsed so the belts will sit in a cupboard till I complete set and am bored enough to swap them.

I’ve got replacement lenses coming for the lights so that if I make a mistake when splitting them I’ve got backups. Those will make a big difference to me but again it’s a big job so not in a hurry to do them.

I quite fancy a carbon rear valance. This is the problem with black, if you want a contrast you either go for a subtle one with carbon bits or you paint stuff a naff colour. It’s why I was toying with wrapping it but again, I desire to go down that route for the moment.
Got it!

I’m going to collect the valance when he’s done it, so depending how far up you are, could run it up as he’s in the north east, so I’m already getting closer to the border.

Just for a nosey - anyway, let’s get it done and see first.

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Got it!

I’m going to collect the valance when he’s done it, so depending how far up you are, could run it up as he’s in the north east, so I’m already getting closer to the border.

Just for a nosey - anyway, let’s get it done and see first.

Im just south of Glasgow. Yeah would be keen to see how it looks. What sort of price does he charge if you don’t mind me asking?

Burnsey

Chief Engineer
Drives
Im just south of Glasgow. Yeah would be keen to see how it looks. What sort of price does he charge if you don’t mind me asking?
Working from photos and measurements, only about £500, which I thought was cheap.

I bought the valance used for about £100 and doesn’t matter that it’s tatty.

My only issue is if it will make the diffuser blend too much, but for that price it’s worth a go.

I’ll collect but not fit, so you’ll be doing that if we like it 😂

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Working from photos and measurements, only about £500, which I thought was cheap.

I bought the valance used for about £100 and doesn’t matter that it’s tatty.

My only issue is if it will make the diffuser blend too much, but for that price it’s worth a go.

I’ll collect but not fit, so you’ll be doing that if we like it 😂

LOL! :D

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Coding all done. Late last night. After being extremely disappointed with the guy at Bavarian Coding who was only interested in doing it in person (I'm in Glasgow. He's in Southampton...no thanks), I found Juris at BMW Retrofits UK. Coded these and full screen carplay remotely for a hundred quid. https://www.bimmerretrouk.co.uk/

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
All this makes me want to get an M5
respect.gif

Keep up the good work guys

Burnsey

Chief Engineer
Drives
Have you noticed the best thing about the car yet?

Three double washer jets for the windscreen 😂

Senna11

Racing Driver
Like the upgraded rear lights, really suit the car but what a faff! How you don’t break any clips or trim is beyond me. Carbon diffuser is a must.

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Like the upgraded rear lights, really suit the car but what a faff! How you don’t break any clips or trim is beyond me. Carbon diffuser is a must.

Once you’ve pulled one car apart, they’re all pretty similar to the honest but I’ve got a big box of assorted trim clips just in case!

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Bloody pricey these but I did order and send back an non-OEM set first. One of them looked like it had melted in an oven. Straight back they went and so I had to take a bum-raping on the real ones.

C3CB5D57-60E3-476C-95D5-EA9FE4EC951A.jpeg

Burnsey

Chief Engineer
Drives
@moonstone the F90 M5 Facebook group is good for OEM stuff. I paid £200 for a like new PPF covered set.

The carbon grilles have just landed, but have a tiny stone chip, so need to see if that is in the PPF or carbon and then will decide what to do.

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
@moonstone the F90 M5 Facebook group is good for OEM stuff. I paid £200 for a like new PPF covered set.

The carbon grilles have just landed, but have a tiny stone chip, so need to see if that is in the PPF or carbon and then will decide what to do.

Im on one but it seems very american-centric. whats the actual link?